LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Review Fold a cover G4 elite

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 03:30 AM   #201
Senior Member
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
magnetic11's Avatar
Marines: MACS2
Name: Matt
Joined: Feb 2012, #72357
Location: "some nuke plant"
Posts: 491
magnetic11's Tacoma Gallery
I'm Near Charlotte Nc Now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:30 AM   #202
Member
VazBro is on a distinguished road
 
VazBro's Avatar
Joined: Jan 2013, #95137
Location: Redwood City, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 69
VazBro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic11 View Post
I'm Near Charlotte Nc Now.
Too bad. I wish you were local. I ordered it from Truck Alterations. Hopefully I will get it soon!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #203
Junior Member
rbowman is on a distinguished road
Joined: Jan 2013, #94835
Gender: Male
Posts: 3
rbowman's Tacoma Gallery
I just purchased my fold-a-cover and Im pretty pumped about it. I purchased it from the foldacover website - http://www.foldacoverfactorystore.com/home.php originally it was $864 but they automatically give you $100 off and free shipping. Also with the promo code tacomaworld25 I got an extra $25 off. End price was $734 - compared to truckalterations $722, but was worth it to me because I was dealing with the manufacturer with no question of older models and a two year free warranty on all the parts. Also, the new models do not use adhesive glue for installation, instead they are clamps that work within the existing rail system.

But when I was talking to the sales people they said that they could not make a personal caddy because the wheel well was too far forward in the truck. I was wondering if anyone found another product that could work as a personal caddy? Or a jerry rigged solution for making a personal caddy?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #204
Member
VazBro is on a distinguished road
 
VazBro's Avatar
Joined: Jan 2013, #95137
Location: Redwood City, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 69
VazBro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowman View Post
I just purchased my fold-a-cover and Im pretty pumped about it. I purchased it from the foldacover website - http://www.foldacoverfactorystore.com/home.php originally it was $864 but they automatically give you $100 off and free shipping. Also with the promo code tacomaworld25 I got an extra $25 off. End price was $734 - compared to truckalterations $722, but was worth it to me because I was dealing with the manufacturer with no question of older models and a two year free warranty on all the parts. Also, the new models do not use adhesive glue for installation, instead they are clamps that work within the existing rail system.

But when I was talking to the sales people they said that they could not make a personal caddy because the wheel well was too far forward in the truck. I was wondering if anyone found another product that could work as a personal caddy? Or a jerry rigged solution for making a personal caddy?
Actually I just bought mine for $722 from Truck alterations and it came with the latest hardware. Not only that, the shipper was Steffens Enterprises, the maker of Fold-A cover. I guess Truck Alteration takes the order and drop ship it directly from manufacturer!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #205
Senior Member
truckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant future
Joined: Mar 2009, #14664
Location: Waynesville, NC
Gender: Male
Posts: 212
truckalter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VazBro View Post
Actually I just bought mine for $722 from Truck alterations and it came with the latest hardware. Not only that, the shipper was Steffens Enterprises, the maker of Fold-A cover. I guess Truck Alteration takes the order and drop ship it directly from manufacturer!
This is correct, FAC drop ships most of our orders...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #206
Member
Future Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really nice
Marines:
Name: Jeff
Joined: Mar 2013, #100260
Location: Colorado
Gender: Male
Posts: 56
Future Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
We are new to this forum so I hope I do this right. My wife and I just purchased a new 2013 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4wheel drive short box pickup. We will be using this vehicle as a daily commuter and for flyfishing, skiing, snowshoeing, etc. The G4 Elite cover looks like a great cover. We want something that is very secure and relatively water tight and that functions easily. We will not be hauling fourwheelers or bikes, etc. I have read many of the posts here so are much older and some are more recent. Suggestions on a purchase for us would be appreciated. I may also install a Weatherguard low profile locking tool box and bolt it through the bed floor in the future to store tools, snowchains, winter survival gear, but i want the cover first so it needs to be secure. What do you think. Thanks and have a great day.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #207
Senior Member
sandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
sandjunkie's Avatar
Joined: Aug 2010, #42055
Location: OC
Age: 42
Gender: Dude
Posts: 1,576
sandjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Tacoma View Post
We are new to this forum so I hope I do this right. My wife and I just purchased a new 2013 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4wheel drive short box pickup. We will be using this vehicle as a daily commuter and for flyfishing, skiing, snowshoeing, etc. The G4 Elite cover looks like a great cover. We want something that is very secure and relatively water tight and that functions easily. We will not be hauling fourwheelers or bikes, etc. I have read many of the posts here so are much older and some are more recent. Suggestions on a purchase for us would be appreciated. I may also install a Weatherguard low profile locking tool box and bolt it through the bed floor in the future to store tools, snowchains, winter survival gear, but i want the cover first so it needs to be secure. What do you think. Thanks and have a great day.
Fold a Cover G4 is going to be the most secure especially with a electric pop n lock tailgate lock. I have had no problems with mine in rain or snow leaking. It gives your bed the best security/flexibility out there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #208
Senior Member
OverPar is on a distinguished road
Name: Dirt Guy
Joined: Aug 2012, #85708
Location: NW CT
Gender: Male
Posts: 156
OverPar's Tacoma Gallery
Purchased from Truck Alts and installed a month ago. Great cover. Install was relatively easy. Took my time and had 'help' from my 3 year old. Took about 4 hrs. There was a a typo in the instructions (wrong letter for hardware) and one of the steps was incorrect (had clamps on wrong ends). No big deal.



  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #209
Senior Member
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Joined: Nov 2012, #92173
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Dude
Posts: 542
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
Overpar
I ran into the same thing I was going crazy thinking I did something wrong! Took me about the same amount of time. The big thing with this cover is getting the adjustments right. It takes time, but worth it in the end I love the way it looks. Only thing I didn't do was install that loop for the center of the tailgate but I have a pop n lock so its still secure. Great cover feels secure, imo looks awesome. I would recommend this cover.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #210
Junior Member
SFGiantsfn is on a distinguished road
 
SFGiantsfn's Avatar
Joined: Jun 2013, #105466
Location: Long Beach, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 8
SFGiantsfn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowman View Post
I just purchased my fold-a-cover and Im pretty pumped about it. I purchased it from the foldacover website - http://www.foldacoverfactorystore.com/home.php originally it was $864 but they automatically give you $100 off and free shipping. Also with the promo code tacomaworld25 I got an extra $25 off. End price was $734 - compared to truckalterations $722, but was worth it to me because I was dealing with the manufacturer with no question of older models and a two year free warranty on all the parts. Also, the new models do not use adhesive glue for installation, instead they are clamps that work within the existing rail system.

But when I was talking to the sales people they said that they could not make a personal caddy because the wheel well was too far forward in the truck. I was wondering if anyone found another product that could work as a personal caddy? Or a jerry rigged solution for making a personal caddy?
It looks like Fold A Cover only gives you $50 off the price now instead of $100 when ordering from their outlet store. The $25 off still works. Is this cover still available at Truck Alterations? I can't seem to find it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #211
Senior Member
truckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant future
Joined: Mar 2009, #14664
Location: Waynesville, NC
Gender: Male
Posts: 212
truckalter's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately we no longer carry Fold-A-Cover...

Basically they cut all of our discounts despite sales of over $100k last year so we could no longer give out any deals. They want their covers to eventually be sold at retail and are eliminating any dealers who refuse to do so.

So, I would say whatever deal you can get from them is the best you will do.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #212
Junior Member
SFGiantsfn is on a distinguished road
 
SFGiantsfn's Avatar
Joined: Jun 2013, #105466
Location: Long Beach, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 8
SFGiantsfn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckalter View Post
Unfortunately we no longer carry Fold-A-Cover...

Basically they cut all of our discounts despite sales of over $100k last year so we could no longer give out any deals. They want their covers to eventually be sold at retail and are eliminating any dealers who refuse to do so.

So, I would say whatever deal you can get from them is the best you will do.
OK, thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #213
Member
VazBro is on a distinguished road
 
VazBro's Avatar
Joined: Jan 2013, #95137
Location: Redwood City, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 69
VazBro's Tacoma Gallery
Just in case if anybody is interested, I am selling my like new Fold A Cover.It is for double cab long bed. I bought it about 3.5 months ago and since I don't use the truck on daily basis, the cover is like new. It is listed in the for sale section.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite Shipped to Canada Taco-NB 2nd Gen. Tacomas 6 10-15-2013 09:31 PM
I need parts for G4 Elite fold a cover brny67 Buy / Sell / Trade 1 11-09-2011 03:31 AM
Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite 05+ testedone 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace 39 06-18-2011 08:38 AM
Fold A Cover G4 Elite and snow/ice plus some comparisons HDTacoma 2nd Gen. Tacomas 5 12-11-2010 05:30 AM
FOR SALE: G4 Elite 6ft Fold-A-Cover Ziggy24 Buy / Sell / Trade 6 09-16-2010 12:22 AM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.