LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Review Fold a cover G4 elite

Old 03-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #61
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consumer View Post
Certainly if they sent you the wrong one by mistake, fight it RoyB, maybe the manufacture will help you out, point out this thread and all the free advertising they are getting.
The LS is still on the manufacture's website and they are available all over the web. Please everyone be sure of what you are ordering, if a dealer has an inventory of the LS you may be getting that. Unless it says G4 Elite it is likely the LS. It may be tempting because it is about $100 cheaper. But the Cheapest price for the G4 is 775.80 and you can get 5% off of that through Truckaddons.com
if you notice on their website when ordering the LS they have G4 ELITE right in the middle of the page. It looks like that is the product until you read the small print
Old 03-27-2009, 07:28 AM   #62
Consumer is on a distinguished road

Consumer's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I checked it out. I can see how you could be mistaken. Sorry man, that's what sucks about buying stuff on the internet, you really have to make sure you're getting what you think you are getting. It's possible that the manufacture will authorize the return since they are an authorized dealer and all. The manufacture is more likely to help you out than the dealer, I would think. All they would have to do is include new side rails and they got a complete package. They could recondition the top for minimal cost.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:37 AM   #63
1 man wolf pack
Hardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Evan
Hardcorehehaw's Tacoma Gallery
Since installing my tailgate seal, I get about 80% less water in the bed.
Sorry for the bad pics, they're from my phone.
Right side

Left side
As you can see i notched it a bit around the tailgate bump stop (just below the tailgate latch catch)

Both sides

Tail gate shut, cover open, No more big gap!

Cover shut
Old 03-31-2009, 03:39 PM   #64

Thanks for the pics, and the info. I haven't caulked yet but plan to.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:01 PM   #65
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
truckaddons is still saying i cant return, and foldacover never emailed me back i feel like i was scammed.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:34 PM   #66
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
is there anywehre on the site you can "recomed" or " comment" on your purchase?
Old 03-31-2009, 05:00 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
truckaddons is still saying i cant return, and foldacover never emailed me back i feel like i was scammed.
Call Foldacover, talk to a real person or two.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:54 PM   #68
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
yea, im gonna do that tomorrow hopefully. I work construction so by the time i get home all the places are closed. im in the office for a bit tomorrow.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:58 PM   #69
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcorehehaw View Post

just noticed, is that rear latch only held by one bolt even though theres a spot for 2?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #70
al704 is on a distinguished road
al704's Tacoma Gallery
I was just trying to decide between an access roll-up or a hard cover for my 09 TRD Sport and I came across this thread. Now I am very interested in the G4 elite, can anyone tell me if the bracket for the tailgate latch isn't installed can the tailgate be opened without lifting the cover?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #71
1 man wolf pack
Hardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Yes, you can open the tailgate with the cover shut if you don't install that handle.

However, you may want to open the cover to shut the tailgate or else it may put excess pressure and wear on the rear seal.
See the piece of rubber along the top of this picture, it sits on the bottom of the rear panel of the cover to keep water out.
I think if you shut the tailgate on this it might damage it over time.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #72
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just curious I'm jsut waiting for my elite cover to come in, did you buy that seal seperately or is it with the cover?
Old 04-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by al704 View Post
I was just trying to decide between an access roll-up or a hard cover for my 09 TRD Sport and I came across this thread. Now I am very interested in the G4 elite, can anyone tell me if the bracket for the tailgate latch isn't installed can the tailgate be opened without lifting the cover?
I ordered a Pop N Lock tailgate lock because I didn't want to install the bracket. I thought the bracket might get in the way and I didn't want to drill holes in the tailgate on my brand new truck. I was going to get the tailgate lock anyways...
I highly recommend the G4, it is well made, well designed for the Tacoma, and very convenient and easy to use.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #74
1 man wolf pack

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainland_newfie View Post
I'm just curious I'm jsut waiting for my elite cover to come in, did you buy that seal seperately or is it with the cover?
The seal I was talking about in my last post is included. There are two of them to close up the gaps on the front and back of the cover.

...If you're talking about the tailgate seal from 2 or 3 posts ago, that came free with my order from truckaddons, it's not normally included.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
just noticed, is that rear latch only held by one bolt even though theres a spot for 2?
There is 2. One of the bolts used is the stock black bolt to the left. If you notice there is a bracket to the left of the main assembly...
Old 04-17-2009, 08:38 AM   #76
MAR69 is on a distinguished road
MAR69's Tacoma Gallery
hi

here is mine

two hours instalation
Attached Thumbnails
Review Fold a cover G4 elite-dsc0305.jpg   Review Fold a cover G4 elite-dsc03052.jpg   Review Fold a cover G4 elite-dsc03050.jpg  
Old 04-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAR69 View Post
hi

here is mine

two hours instalation
Looks good! Are you liking it?
Old 05-17-2009, 08:34 AM   #78
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
now my front access is sticking at the knob. I cant turn it unless i put my hand under it to break it free. wtf.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #79
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get that spreader bar thing you have to hold the Rubbermaid Tote? I need one of those things...
Old 05-17-2009, 08:57 AM   #80
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
harbor freight and tools. I Think it was like 12 bucks.

Products Discussed in this Thread