Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Review Fold a cover G4 elite

Old 05-24-2009, 12:10 AM   #81
5Sport is a name known to all5Sport is a name known to all5Sport is a name known to all5Sport is a name known to all5Sport is a name known to all5Sport is a name known to all
5Sport's Tacoma Gallery
Couple of questions

How heavy is the cover and can you remove it by yourself?

Do you have to drill into the bed to mount it, or is it attached to the bed rails?

Any chance of putting a dirt bike back there without removing the entire cover?

Thanks
Old 05-24-2009, 01:00 AM   #82
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
long bed it might be posible to put a dirt bike in depending on the turn of the front tire, as for drilling, only the lock gets drilled in, the rest slide into the rails. To take off the whole thing all you have to do is remove four small bolts and lift. Its not that heavy, maybe forty lbs I guess all together.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:39 PM   #83
5Sport is a name known to all5Sport is a name known to all5Sport is a name known to all5Sport is a name known to all5Sport is a name known to all5Sport is a name known to all
5Sport's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, It is a short bed. Where does the lock get drilled into?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #84
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Sport View Post
Thanks, It is a short bed. Where does the lock get drilled into?

There is a latch that gets drilled into the tailgate, but the lock itselve is around the bolt on the left side that slides in the side rails.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:13 AM   #85
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Might be a silly question but how much weight can this thing support on top? Could you stand on it with messing it up?
Old 05-25-2009, 11:05 AM   #86
truckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant future
truckalter's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't stand on it... Probably about 75 pound weight limit realistically.

The G4 is a far superior unit to the LS as far as latching goes...

The LS is definetly still available.

We do the LS model for $660 shipped in the lower 48 and the G4 for $715 shipped...
Old 05-25-2009, 11:27 AM   #87
Mainland Newfie
From everything I've heard teh LS model is shit, spend the extra cash and get the G4. I don't know why you'd want to stand on it, you can fold the thing up to one panel, and if you really need to reach over your cab you can just pull the first panel back and stand there in the bed.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:31 AM   #88
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainland_newfie View Post
From everything I've heard teh LS model is shit, spend the extra cash and get the G4. I don't know why you'd want to stand on it, you can fold the thing up to one panel, and if you really need to reach over your cab you can just pull the first panel back and stand there in the bed.
Not sure I want to stand on it either. I was just trying to get an idea of how strong it is. I know the Undercover can support a gang of weight which to me = strength. I like the idea of a sectional though. That's all.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #89
Gunga will become famous soon enoughGunga will become famous soon enough
Gunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckalter View Post

We do the LS model for $660 shipped in the lower 48 and the G4 for $715 shipped...

I'd like to order a G4 Elite. How do I get this price?
Old 05-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #90
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckalter View Post

how can i give this pos LS model back and get a G4 model?
Old 05-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #91
Gunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
Face it Roy, you f--ked up. You made the mistake so deal with it. Call Fold-A-Cover and see if you can retrofit your cover. Ask them for help. Maybe you can just buy the fourth panel to make yours lock like a G4.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #92
truckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant future
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
I'd like to order a G4 Elite. How do I get this price?
-
Give me a call at 800-958-7576.

THanks,

Luke
Old 05-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #93
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
Face it Roy, you f--ked up. You made the mistake so deal with it. Call Fold-A-Cover and see if you can retrofit your cover. Ask them for help. Maybe you can just buy the fourth panel to make yours lock like a G4.

when you spend that kind of money on something, you expect it to work properly. so far is has not. it was for a couple of days at least.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #94
Quote:
If you ordered the LS model by mistake then you will have to deal with the company you ordered it from.

Seeing as you have installed it already its now a used cover. They are not going to want to take it back. At least not without some restocking fees and you shipping it back which is about $75 all by itself.

Probably the only thing I can think of is try to sell it to someone and then order a G4 and pay the difference.

Sorry, wish I had a better answer for you.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:03 PM   #95
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
no worries luke. truck add-ons was less than helpful. I wont be ordering from them again just because their lack of even trying to help me. a restocking fee is something i was never offered. oh well. they also said the locking pin would fit my truck too...well, it didnt so it had to go back.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #96
Quote:
no worries luke. truck add-ons was less than helpful. I wont be ordering from them again just because their lack of even trying to help me. a restocking fee is something i was never offered. oh well. they also said the locking pin would fit my truck too...well, it didnt so it had to go back.
Their customer service is ummmm legendary...
Old 05-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #97
13th wunder
chyknees will become famous soon enough
chyknees's Tacoma Gallery
If there are any local So Cal people interested in this cover, I'm selling mine. It's a great cover, but as of right now, it doesn't suit my needs
Old 06-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #98
Gunga's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed the G4 this past weekend. Good quality and the install went well. Just take your time adjusting it and lining it up. Thanks Luke at Truck Alternations.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:10 AM   #99
5Sport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chyknees View Post
If there are any local So Cal people interested in this cover, I'm selling mine. It's a great cover, but as of right now, it doesn't suit my needs

I may be interrested. How much, and is there anything wrong with the cover?
Old 06-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #100
Mainland Newfie
I have this lid, and was wondering if any of you that own it hear a rattle or a jingle in the cover, first I thought my wheels were loose, but after some searching and help of a friend it sounds like its the hinges in the cover, is there anythign I can do to stop this, grease or soemthing? Well I'm jsut wondering if this is a common thing