Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Mequiar's Headlight Restoration Kit Review

Old 09-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Mequiar's Headlight Restoration Kit Review

Just polished up my headlights today and thought I'd add a review.

My husband bought the Mequiar's Heavy Duty Headlight Restoration Kit about a month ago and used it on his 2006 Acura MDX and really liked it.
http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...storation-kit/

The headlights on the truck weren't that bad but there was a section at the top that was yellow & non-clear and portions that were fading. So, I figured I give this a shot....

In a nutshell - the kit requires hand sanding (wet & dry), buffing (with drill & buffing compound), & applying UV protectant. Easy job....even I can do it!! LOL

Here's a picture of the worst area on my headlights - upper corner:
BEFORE:

and AFTER:

Obviously, this is DAY 1.... The UV protectant is important as to protect from further yellowing/fading. My husband has applied it a couple times 'just in case'. I honestly don't know how long this will last - so we'll see. Easy to perform this again in a few years if needed.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
SoCalPoolman is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
SoCalPoolman's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

[/IMG]I just used this product on my 07. It was very easy and with great results. Took about an hour of not so hard work. I didn't add a clearcoat this time i want to see how long it lasts on its own. I will repost as time goes on with progress