Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Tailgate Protector/Cap

Old 09-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
Dennis7234 is on a distinguished road
Dennis7234's Tacoma Gallery
Tailgate Protector/Cap

Where can I buy a tailgate protector/cap for my '13 Tacoma?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis7234 View Post
Where can I buy a tailgate protector/cap for my '13 Tacoma?
What is that? Better explanation please.

Frank
Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.realtruck.com/tailgate-cap/
Old 09-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #5
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente View Post
Okay... I get it now.

Why is this in Product Reviews in the first place?

Frank
Old 10-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
ekms377 is on a distinguished road

ekms377's Tacoma Gallery
You can spray some truck bed liner on it....Rustoleum brand.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
Dennis7234,

If you are wanting a metal tailgate protector you may have to have one custom made at a machine shop. The second option is to get a full tailgate protector for a Ford or Chevy and have it cut down to Tacoma dimensions.

Do a search here for "tailgate reenforcement" there is a set of CAD plans for a custom tailgate protector / reenforcement. I used these plans to have a custom tailgate cap made for my truck $50. I used 1/8 diamond plate aluminum.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:40 PM   #8
KB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant future
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
Problem solved: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...kb-voodoo.html