Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Craftsman Jack Sale a Sears

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Max is 15inches of lift... Might not be enough.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
That looks pretty weak and small. Plus Craftsman jacks (at least new ones) aren't good in my experience.

Don't skimp, this is a safety issue and control issue. I would recommend at least a 3 to 3.5 ton jack with a long (high) reach, and a pair of 3 ton (axle) and a pair of 6 ton (frame rail) jackstands.

Arcan makes a very nice 3.25 ton that is often sold at Costco for about $100 and I believe Northern Tool. Get some Torin or Big Red jackstands and you are set.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:32 AM   #5
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
Yup my jack from sears sucks. Think it was 2-1/2 or 3 ton forgot
My 3 ton jack from Sears works perfectly fine, just gotta fill it with fluid once a year. Only problem with the one you have listed, it won't lift your truck all the way. My step son has one and I tried using it once, didn't do the job. Other than that, Sears jacks are fine.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:36 AM   #6
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Secret Squirell, Contract Completed
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Just use 2x4s.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:46 AM   #7
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
That looks pretty weak and small. Plus Craftsman jacks (at least new ones) aren't good in my experience.

Don't skimp, this is a safety issue and control issue. I would recommend at least a 3 to 3.5 ton jack with a long (high) reach, and a pair of 3 ton (axle) and a pair of 6 ton (frame rail) jackstands.

Arcan makes a very nice 3.25 ton that is often sold at Costco for about $100 and I believe Northern Tool. Get some Torin or Big Red jackstands and you are set.

those are what I'm gonna get next time I'm home..
Old 10-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #8
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
I've never had a problem with my sears jacks. I got a high lift jack for SUV and it works fine. I just watch for sales.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #9
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
I found the release control on my old Craftsman to be horrible. You simply could not get a controlled release to lower it. All or nothing. This was not fun for trying to set it down on jackstands.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #10
Av8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Av8er's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got one of these (non sears version but same design). Works fine for basic lifting functions (definitely use the jack stands though).

As mentioned before, use 2x4 blocks for gaining an extra few inches of lift. This will give you enough lift to get the wheels off the ground at least. Not the best solution but it works until you can afford to get a larger, more long term jack.

Products Discussed in this Thread