1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Viper 5704 (5901 Replacement)

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by nut, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Oct 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM
    nut

nut [OP] she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    TRD SKEWP DCSB 4x4 Silver Mica | URD TCAI/MAF CAL | BHLM | GrillCraft | FF Sliders | LED's All Around | 12v Constant On | EGR In Channel | 15% Tint | Trimmed mud flaps | Fog Light Anytime Mod | Debadged | Tailgate Hoseclamp | DTRL Switch | Disabled Lock Beep/Seatbelt Chime | Husky Liners | HID's | BedRug | WO Seat Covers | ABS Kill Switch | Oil Catch Can | Viper 5704 | Custom Carbon Cabin Filter | Backup Camera Anytime | 400W Anytime | In Cab Outlet W/USB | Firestone Ride Rites | Ams Oil All Around | 32" LED In Lower Grill | BlackVue DR500GW-HD |
    Getting it installed tomorrow. Will be posting a review this weekend :D Bought it at bestbuy as they now pricematch legitimate webstites (does NOT have to be a brick and mortar), 5901 website, The manager was super cool as the 5901 is being phased out for the 5704 and price matched the 5704 for the 5901 price. total was about $570 installed with everything needed ie. immobilizer etc. Comes with 100% lifetime install warranty good at ALL bestbuys. I talked to the installer for about 45 minutes about how they install, some of you know I am very anal when it comes to wiring, and he impressed me with his knowledge and spoken skill. I drop it off tomorrow morning, so let's hope all goes well!

2. Oct 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM
    nut

nut [OP] she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    TRD SKEWP DCSB 4x4 Silver Mica | URD TCAI/MAF CAL | BHLM | GrillCraft | FF Sliders | LED's All Around | 12v Constant On | EGR In Channel | 15% Tint | Trimmed mud flaps | Fog Light Anytime Mod | Debadged | Tailgate Hoseclamp | DTRL Switch | Disabled Lock Beep/Seatbelt Chime | Husky Liners | HID's | BedRug | WO Seat Covers | ABS Kill Switch | Oil Catch Can | Viper 5704 | Custom Carbon Cabin Filter | Backup Camera Anytime | 400W Anytime | In Cab Outlet W/USB | Firestone Ride Rites | Ams Oil All Around | 32" LED In Lower Grill | BlackVue DR500GW-HD |
    Saved for future posts

3. Oct 14, 2012 at 9:12 AM
    Jones

Jones Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 SSM Prerunner TRD-OFFROAD
    Front: 5100@1.75 with SR5 coils; Rear: 5100 and 1.5 Toytec aal; Tires: Hankook 265/75R16 RF08 ATM; Wheels: powdercoated off-road wheels with FJ TRD center caps
    I am curious to know if your the door locks work the same with the 5704 as it does with the factory keyless remote.

Do you need a double pulse on the unlock button to unlock the passenger and the rear doors after the 5704 is installed?

4. Oct 14, 2012 at 9:54 AM
    DSYLEXC

DSYLEXC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Arizona, USA
    Vehicle:
    SOLD:2012 Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    Mine is set so all 4 doors unlock on the first button press. They might be able to set it up to do it the Toyota keyless entry way. Don't forget to have them setup the automatic door locks when you start your truck. 5 sec after the key is in the ignition and the truck is running, the alarm locks the doors to prevent you from being carjacked.

5. Oct 14, 2012 at 1:03 PM
    nut

nut [OP] she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    Just got it back, all sites unlock and lock with one pulse. How do I set the auto lock?

6. Oct 14, 2012 at 1:29 PM
    nut

nut [OP] she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    I take that back, 1 pulse unlocks only the driver, 2 pulses for all 4. Like the stock fob. Still playing with it. I'll be honest, not to happy with how the menu works.

7. Oct 14, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    Jones

Jones Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas DFW
    Vehicle:
    Front: 5100@1.75 with SR5 coils; Rear: 5100 and 1.5 Toytec aal; Tires: Hankook 265/75R16 RF08 ATM; Wheels: powdercoated off-road wheels with FJ TRD center caps
    In the control unit menu with the control button the antenna.
    Menu 1 - Security
    Item 5 -Ign-controlled locks
    Option 2 is for Lock and unlock
    (Option 3 is lock only and Option 4 is Unlock only)

This probably makes no sense if they didn't give you the quick reference guide for the system.

Edited: I was reading the 4704 guide, close to the same but it is item 5 instead of 4 in the menu.

8. Oct 14, 2012 at 2:26 PM
    nut

nut [OP] she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    yeah i dont think i have the quick reference guide, ill look. post it up if you got it lol thanks

9. Oct 14, 2012 at 3:21 PM
    Jones

Jones Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas DFW
    Vehicle:
    I was reading a different guide, It is option 5 not 4 in the 1st menu for the ignition controlled locks.

Here is the install guide for the 5704.

Attached Files:

10. Oct 14, 2012 at 3:24 PM
    nut

nut [OP] she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    nice thanks! any idea how to make the remote silent? i can get to settings and select beep off but it still shows the sound icon and still beeps..

11. Oct 14, 2012 at 3:33 PM
    Jones

Jones Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas DFW
    Vehicle:
    I still do not have the hang of the remote. I have been using the 1 way remote lately. I have the 4704, only remote start and keyless entry, so the two way is less important to me.

12. Oct 14, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    nut

nut [OP] she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    oh gotcha. yeah the 2 way remote is a chore to go threw IMO. the guy at best buy was pretty cool, I might go back this week and have him show me some stuff. thanks for the help!

Products Discussed in

To Top