Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Viper 5704 (5901 Replacement)

Old 10-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Viper 5704 (5901 Replacement)

Getting it installed tomorrow. Will be posting a review this weekend Bought it at bestbuy as they now pricematch legitimate webstites (does NOT have to be a brick and mortar), 5901 website, The manager was super cool as the 5901 is being phased out for the 5704 and price matched the 5704 for the 5901 price. total was about $570 installed with everything needed ie. immobilizer etc. Comes with 100% lifetime install warranty good at ALL bestbuys. I talked to the installer for about 45 minutes about how they install, some of you know I am very anal when it comes to wiring, and he impressed me with his knowledge and spoken skill. I drop it off tomorrow morning, so let's hope all goes well!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
I am curious to know if your the door locks work the same with the 5704 as it does with the factory keyless remote.

Do you need a double pulse on the unlock button to unlock the passenger and the rear doors after the 5704 is installed?
Old 10-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
DSYLEXC is on a distinguished road
DSYLEXC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post
I am curious to know if your the door locks work the same with the 5704 as it does with the factory keyless remote.

Do you need a double pulse on the unlock button to unlock the passenger and the rear doors after the 5704 is installed?
Mine is set so all 4 doors unlock on the first button press. They might be able to set it up to do it the Toyota keyless entry way. Don't forget to have them setup the automatic door locks when you start your truck. 5 sec after the key is in the ignition and the truck is running, the alarm locks the doors to prevent you from being carjacked.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSYLEXC View Post
Mine is set so all 4 doors unlock on the first button press. They might be able to set it up to do it the Toyota keyless entry way. Don't forget to have them setup the automatic door locks when you start your truck. 5 sec after the key is in the ignition and the truck is running, the alarm locks the doors to prevent you from being carjacked.
Just got it back, all sites unlock and lock with one pulse. How do I set the auto lock?
Old 10-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #6
she'll ride

nut's Tacoma Gallery
I take that back, 1 pulse unlocks only the driver, 2 pulses for all 4. Like the stock fob. Still playing with it. I'll be honest, not to happy with how the menu works.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #7
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
How do I set the auto lock?
In the control unit menu with the control button the antenna.
Menu 1 - Security
Item 5 -Ign-controlled locks
Option 2 is for Lock and unlock
(Option 3 is lock only and Option 4 is Unlock only)

This probably makes no sense if they didn't give you the quick reference guide for the system.

Edited: I was reading the 4704 guide, close to the same but it is item 5 instead of 4 in the menu.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #8
she'll ride

nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In the control unit menu with the control button the antenna.
Menu 1 - Vehicle Integration
Item 4 -Ign-controlled locks
Option 2 is for Lock and unlock
(Option 3 is lock only and Option 4 is Unlock only)

This probably makes no sense if they didn't give you the quick reference guide for the system.
yeah i dont think i have the quick reference guide, ill look. post it up if you got it lol thanks
Old 10-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #9

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
yeah i dont think i have the quick reference guide, ill look. post it up if you got it lol thanks
I was reading a different guide, It is option 5 not 4 in the 1st menu for the ignition controlled locks.

Here is the install guide for the 5704.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf viper_5704_install.pdf (3.85 MB, 683 views)
Old 10-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
she'll ride

nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was reading a different guide, It is option 5 not 4 in the 1st menu for the ignition controlled locks.

Here is the install guide for the 5704.
nice thanks! any idea how to make the remote silent? i can get to settings and select beep off but it still shows the sound icon and still beeps..
Old 10-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #11

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
I still do not have the hang of the remote. I have been using the 1 way remote lately. I have the 4704, only remote start and keyless entry, so the two way is less important to me.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #12
she'll ride

nut's Tacoma Gallery
oh gotcha. yeah the 2 way remote is a chore to go threw IMO. the guy at best buy was pretty cool, I might go back this week and have him show me some stuff. thanks for the help!