Notices

Avid Offroad Sliders

Old 10-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
sbates is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Steve
sbates's Tacoma Gallery
Avid Offroad Sliders

I'm considering getting some AO sliders and was looking for some feedback from those who have them. I don't do much offloading other than taking my truck on the beach to go fishing. I just like the look of sliders as opposed to Nerf bars. My truck is not even 2 years old and I have 7 door dings from people opening their doors on me. It's gotten pretty frustrating even when I do my best to park far away and avoid things like that. Anyways, do these sliders mount in a good position that would keep people's doors from hitting my own doors? I would much rather the sliders receive the impact.

Thanks for your help guys.

Steve
Old 10-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
They are great. Top notch product ! 0 door dings.

Just get the bolt on , sounds like you need ding protection and not hard wheeling ( welded).

You won't be disappointed . Good luck!

Az
Old 10-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #3
sbates is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Steve
sbates's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the tip AZ. The site says they are sold with an unpainted finish. It looks they are all black according to all of the photos on the site. Did you paint yours black, and if so, what did you use?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 10-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #4
03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
03DBLCABTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I have the bolt on version. No complaints. Powder coated black. Avid Offroad Sliders-imageuploadedbytapatalk1350397066.992591.jpg
Old 10-17-2012, 05:32 AM   #5
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
I had them professionally powder coated black. My only complaint about powder coating is that it's hard to touch up. If I had to do it again I'd prime and paint them.
I drive some az back roads hunting and scouting so the powder coat is showing some wear.
If you are not offroad to much powder coating is ok.

Good luck and post some pics if you end up buying some sliders. I'm sure your door dings will pretty much be eliminated.

Az