Notices

Advise on Tacoma lift kit

Old 10-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
markguiliano is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Chief
Name: mark
markguiliano's Tacoma Gallery
Advise on Tacoma lift kit

looking to install a lift kit on my 2010 tacoma pick up but don't want to sacrifice the smooth ride. Looking to go with 2-3 inch lift, with beefy tires.......any advise.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Browse around the suspension section. You can probably get some ideas there. There are a lot of options, depends on how much you want to spend.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/
Old 10-21-2012, 05:41 AM   #5
I've browsed the suspension section and there is so much info and options that it's a little confusing. (not at all a gear head here). I liked a project I saw that had Bilden shocks and spacers on the wheels which gave the tires a nice footprint. I'd like to keep my budget under $1000 installed. Any ideas ?
Old 10-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
No way you can install one yourself? Or get ahold of the other NJ guys to help you out? There are plenty of kits to choose from bud. It all depends on what you want to do. Are you going to be off roading a lot? Are you going to be doing mall crawling? Do you want your suspension to ride better than it used to or the same? Do you just want a lift and don't care?
Old 10-23-2012, 05:13 AM   #7
I have someone that will do the install if I need them but the advice I've been getting is to try it myself. Won't be doing any off roading here in jersey, mostly interested in looks. I'm happy with the stock ride now, but if I can improve that while getting the look I want I'm all for it.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #8
ROAD DAWG is on a distinguished road
Navy: boatswains'mate,2nd
ROAD DAWG's Tacoma Gallery
advise on tacoma lift kit

i used bilstein 5100(.85-fr.) at all corners and tsb rear.the truck is a lot more "sporty" to drive and not harsh,front or rear.the .85 setting put me higher than i expected and i had to check and make sure the spring perches were installed correctly(they are)...i'm pleased with the ride,the 5100's combined with the "tsb" really planted the rear of the truck...very pleased with that!i got mine from (downsouth motorsports)for 299.00,they sent me exactly what i needed with on time shipping(toytec dropped the ball on my order,so i had to cancel..and their price was higher) i've seen that "allpro" has a new bilstein coilover assembly(adjustable..looks sweet)i probably would've got that had i know about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Advise on Tacoma lift kit-tacoma-lift-011.jpg   Advise on Tacoma lift kit-tacoma-lift-010.jpg   Advise on Tacoma lift kit-tacoma-lift-006.jpg  
Old 11-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #9
Trailnut is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
Trailnut's Tacoma Gallery
I installed the Icon Stage 3 suspension on my 2010 Tacoma and it works great. Not cheap, but great quality and handling. Icon makes good stuff, but their customer service could use some improvement.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAD DAWG View Post
i used bilstein 5100(.85-fr.) at all corners and tsb rear.the truck is a lot more "sporty" to drive and not harsh,front or rear.the .85 setting put me higher than i expected and i had to check and make sure the spring perches were installed correctly(they are)...i'm pleased with the ride,the 5100's combined with the "tsb" really planted the rear of the truck...very pleased with that!i got mine from (downsouth motorsports)for 299.00,they sent me exactly what i needed with on time shipping(toytec dropped the ball on my order,so i had to cancel..and their price was higher) i've seen that "allpro" has a new bilstein coilover assembly(adjustable..looks sweet)i probably would've got that had i know about it.
If your budget is $1000 installed, 5100s is your best bet. Especially if you are going just for looks