LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Deeza Heavy Duty Greaseable Sway Bar Links

Old 10-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Deeza Heavy Duty Greaseable Sway Bar Links

I busted the boot on one of the sway bar links last year while installing my lift, so I bought All-Pro links https://www.allprooffroad.com/05taco...suspension/268
After one winter, the FK carbon steel rod ends have seized from corrosion. Not a knock against All-Pro, because nickel-plated Aurora rod ends of the same size would have tripled the price.

I heard about Deeza heavy duty links in one of the FJ forums. The parts are listed at Rock Auto (only $20 ea.) for 2007-2009 FJs and 2003-2009 4Runners, P/Ns TY-L664 and TY-L666. They come pre-greased, and include self-tapping zerk fittings for future greasing. Made in Turkey.

Close up of the boot design. Note the one-piece machined cup and 20% thicker link rod diameter (OEM Toyota 10 mm, Deeza 12 mm).

Installed. I'll update this thread as I put more miles on the parts.

Deeza product info pages:
http://173.220.118.106/deezaINCserve...?DEEZA=TY-L664
http://173.220.118.106/deezaINCserve...?DEEZA=TY-L666

The company also makes a steering tie rod end of similar design but for '03-'09 4Runners and '07-'09 FJs only, not compatible with Tacos. P/N LE-T630:
http://173.220.118.106/deezaINCserve...?DEEZA=LE-T630
Old 12-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
How are they holding up? I had to cut mine off and am thinking of putting them back on for a cross country road trip.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Links are working fine for the last 5 months. Boots holds up well against ice buildup in the last snow storm.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #7
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarine veteran and Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan James
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered a pair for my 5 lug (different part number of: TYL-635).

My stock ones are thrashed from the low life and now make a popping noise when turning at speed. Silicone spray works for a day or two, but thanks for sharing this end link!
Old 10-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #8
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
I pumped some Lucas NLGI #2 green grease in them a week ago. The black painted surfaces are showing rust after the last winter, but the joints are working smoothly. All the zerks are taking grease. Boots still look new.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:24 AM   #9
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
updates?
Old 02-26-2014, 06:17 PM   #10
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
So far so good. I'll grease them again when I switch over to summer tires in April.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:12 PM   #11
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
any corrosion on them?
Old 02-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #12
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Same amount of rust on the black painted surfaces as 4 months ago. The joints are still working smoothly.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:16 PM   #13
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Since the front end of my truck is going to be apart anyway when I do the ECGS bushing and replace the LCA's next week. I figured now is a good time to upgrade. The part numbers from the OP are apparently discontinued, and superceded by an "enhanced version".

What that means, I don't know, but the new part numbers are TY-L663 and TY-L665 and the price is increased to $29.79 now. Thanks for the product review Ken, although my wallet doesn't appreciate it, I do.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #14
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^Don't buy those. The "enhanced" version is more of an OEM replacement and coexists with the "heavy duty" version. Looks like the "heavy duty" version is no longer carried by Rock Auto. However, you can still find them on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Deeza-Chassis-.../dp/B001XZMFM2
http://www.amazon.com/Deeza-Chassis-.../dp/B001XZMFPO
Old 02-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #15
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
The "enhanced" version has been around for a while. Looks like the "heavy duty" version is no longer carried by Rock Auto.
Nor is it even in the Deeza Chassis catalog anymore. Pisser really
Old 02-27-2014, 07:48 PM   #16
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^The links in my OP to Deeza's site still work.

BTW, the OEM link is $103 each when bought online, which says a lot about Toyota's parts margins.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
^Don't buy those. The "enhanced" version is more of an OEM replacement and coexists with the "heavy duty" version. Looks like the "heavy duty" version is no longer carried by Rock Auto. However, you can still find them on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Deeza-Chassis-.../dp/B001XZMFM2
http://www.amazon.com/Deeza-Chassis-.../dp/B001XZMFPO
Good catch Ken, thanks again, I just cancelled my order for the enhanced with RockAuto and am getting the heavy duty from Amazon
Old 03-03-2014, 05:25 PM   #18

Well, UPS just dropped off one of my end links. It's marked correctly on the box as TY-L666, however there are no grease zerks and no holes to install a zerk on the actual part. My guess is I got a mislabeled part. Looks like I'm ordering the greasable Moogs now.