Notices

ARB Bumper : Deer Vaporizor/Truck Destroyer

Old 10-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Crusty
Creston is on a distinguished road

Name: CrustyBushman
Creston's Tacoma Gallery
ARB Bumper : Deer Vaporizor/Truck Destroyer

Recently hit a buck doing about XXX mph (we'll call it "Highway Speed") with my ARB equipped 06 Tacoma in the middle of nowhere with no cell service.
The air bags were set off and the truck stalled on impact.
I couldn't open the front doors, so we crawled through the windows to have a look. The buck was destroyed! I hit this thing dead center! There was blood splatter on both sides of the truck. Checked for leaks and crawled back into the truck, fired it back up and continued on our way.
The truck drove as well as it did before we hit the deer. I took it in for the insurance claim to get it fixed and they assessed the damage at $19,465!!!! Holy Crap!!!
They wrote it off and it just looks like it needs new fenders! I couldn't believe it! SO. For the ARB bumpers purpose of being able to drive away after hitting a buck in the middle of nowhere... It's awesome! Everything that the bumper was connected to was wrecked, and everything that was connected the that was also wrecked! But I did drive away. All in all I would get another one. By the way, the bumper itself is still in very good condition and may put it on my next tacoma. (after I straigten out the mounting brackets!).
Old 10-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Pics???
Old 10-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
I love stories like that.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Damn straight! Just another reason for me to get one when funds present themselves.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Just look in his gallery guys haha

Old 10-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #7
Crusty

Creston's Tacoma Gallery
Click on the little camera under my name.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creston View Post
Recently hit a buck doing about XXX mph (we'll call it "Highway Speed") with my ARB equipped 06 Tacoma in the middle of nowhere with no cell service.
The air bags were set off and the truck stalled on impact.
I couldn't open the front doors, so we crawled through the windows to have a look. The buck was destroyed! I hit this thing dead center! There was blood splatter on both sides of the truck. Checked for leaks and crawled back into the truck, fired it back up and continued on our way.
The truck drove as well as it did before we hit the deer. I took it in for the insurance claim to get it fixed and they assessed the damage at $19,465!!!! Holy Crap!!!
They wrote it off and it just looks like it needs new fenders! I couldn't believe it! SO. For the ARB bumpers purpose of being able to drive away after hitting a buck in the middle of nowhere... It's awesome! Everything that the bumper was connected to was wrecked, and everything that was connected the that was also wrecked! But I did drive away. All in all I would get another one. By the way, the bumper itself is still in very good condition and may put it on my next tacoma. (after I straigten out the mounting brackets!).

So did they write you a check for this amount or what? Im trying to understand how the Insurance dealt with it.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #10
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #11
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
I hope youre enjoying some deer jerky
Old 10-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #12
Crusty

Creston's Tacoma Gallery
No deer jerky just deer pudding.
As far as ins. goes their looking around to see what my exact truck is selling for as a replacement cost. I'm hoping they'll give me 22,000, but I think it'll be more like 19 or 20 K
Old 10-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #13
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! I love deer pudding....
That bumper certainly was worth every penny paid.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #14
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit, for some reason I feel like that was the deer's good side too...
Old 10-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #15
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
you gonna buy the truck back?
Old 10-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #16
Crusty

Creston's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure yet. I would like to, but I don't think I can wait for my buddy to fix it. It'll probably take him... idunno... 2 months to fix it cause he'll just be able to work on it nights and evenings. Im gonna need a truck before winter hits.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #17
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Remember, the frame and most mounts in the front are bent..it will never be right again. Unless your buying it back for a trail rig, i'd let it go. Good to see the bumper did its job.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #18
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
OUCH. I feel bad about your truck. Sorry to hear that. Well im glad Ive got the same bumper but I always thought the truck itself would be a bit stronger. I destroyed a 2011 dogde ram 1500 at about 40 km (round 25 mph) he thought it would be fun to slam on the brakes in an intersection. Just shifted the bumper and bent the front plate. Obviously at 70 or so mph a deer is like a brick wall though. Good you made it out safe too.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #19
Cratcher is on a distinguished road
Name: Cratcher
Cratcher's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought one of these bumpers and I will be installing it next week with a warn winch in it. Thanks for sharing your experience with it, it affirms my purchase as I live in deer territory.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #20
07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07 sport 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
07 sport 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The truck didn't "stall", when the airbag deployed it cut power to the fuel pump. When you cycle the key off and back on it reactivated the pump. It's a safety feature to help prevent a fire in the event of an accident.