Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

GoRhino Nerf Bars Rust.. UTTER CRAP

Old 11-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Mike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mike27t's Tacoma Gallery
GoRhino Nerf Bars Rust.. UTTER CRAP

Whats up Tacoma world, havnt posted here in a bit since I picked up a Tundra. Posted this in the Tundra forums but still wanted to share my bad experience in case anyone here was researching GoRhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike27t View Post
Just wanted to express my disappointment with GoRhino nerf bars as well as overall experience with them. My dominator 2 nerf bars of less than two years have shown signs of rust on all 4 step areas. I sent pictures to GoRhino customer service and they have acknowledged the rust and have offered to fix/replace the unit so long as I can provide a receipt. Unfortunately I am unable to find the receipt. Gorhino Rep said they will bring to a supervisors attention and will get back to me. Its been 3 weeks since and my two follow emails have gone ignored.

One would imagine a company would want to keep their reputation on the up and up as well as promote return customers. Even a simple referral to a local powder coat shop (since they are located in SoCal) or if they offered a discounted price on a new set would have kept me a satisfied customer. Zero effort to resolve my problem and finally was just ignored.

/Rant

Old 05-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Wanted to revive this slightly old thread and offer similar disappointment with my second set of GoRhino Dominator IIs. I bought the original set in January, 2011 for just over $300 shipped which is a great price. I bought the black powder coated ones that have a three year warranty on the finish. Just over a year later, they started to rust, both where the OP's steps are and where the steps are welded to the main body. I contacted Auto Anything where I bought them and sent pictures and was sent a new set. Happy camper...

Fast forward just over another year and I have the same issue with this set. I contacted Auto Anything and am told that the warranty is for three years or one replacement. Fought that some and can have a set shipped to me if I pay shipping for $116.00. Thinking I may be better off just taking one of my sets and sandblasting them and having them linex'd as I'm sure set three will end up just like set one and two. So, they sure are cheap but are not making it through New England winters. If you live somewhere warm you'll probably be OK.

My 2-cents...
Old 05-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.
bubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
bubba353z's Tacoma Gallery
That's the reason I went with stainless.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:13 AM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
please refrain from going after other members. this is product reviews after all...