1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 Front bumper/Armor

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by YotaMaster24, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Nov 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM
    YotaMaster24

YotaMaster24 [OP] BAMF Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma SR5
    3"suspension lift kit - toy tech Dual exhaust - FloMaster Limo Tinted windows Rain protectors for windows

What’s upeveryone I am a new member but long time follower of TW, got my first YOTAwhich is a 2012 double cab, long bed. Got it lifted and have been hitting lotsof trails out here in Colorado spring, CO. As I get more and more into thetrails, I am realizing that I need more armor. So I am looking at getting afront bumper and armor all along the underside (as needed of course). I haveseen a lot on the Forums for different items in these categories however thereis not a lot that applies to the 2012's. So I am looking for comparison and recommendationsfor my truck's armor and bumpers.....
    ~ For the armor I was considering the plateson "pro off road"
    (Open to suggestion)
    ~ For the bumpers I am up in the airbetween the two on "pro off road"
    (Open to suggestion)
    Curtsey of ~
    :cool:Thanks for your time andconsideration on this subject:cool:

2. Nov 12, 2012 at 8:21 PM
    ColoradoTaco

ColoradoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Boulder
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB OFFROAD
    half the fun is searching.....but since im in a good mood and im searching the same thing here you go

go to the 2nd gen section located on the left second sticky down is bumpers.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/164975-bumpers-2nd-gens-only.html

most of those are desinged to fir the 05-11. With some minor mods you can get them to fit the 12+ and dont look that bad in my opinion.

that said All-Pro Apex has one for the 12+ i have been lobbying for more pics but......we'll see
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gr...ont-bumper-group-buy-give-away-all-years.html

Pelfreybilt Fabrication looks fresh
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacoma-marketplace/235770-2012-front-plate-bumpers.html

i really like the demello 05+ on the 12 + see applejaxx build
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/195574-appljaxxs-2012-build.html

there are a couple others like relentless fab arb etc those are the ones i like above. just look at the vendors over tot he left on the home page alot of those due fab work.

3. Nov 12, 2012 at 8:24 PM
    ColoradoTaco

ColoradoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Boulder
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB OFFROAD
    oh and welcome to TW from your crazy Boulder neighboor

4. Nov 13, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    AaronArf

AaronArf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    VA Beach
    Vehicle:
    2023 LR OR DCSB
    The best engineered 2012 specific bumper from all the posts I've seen/read is most definitely the Pelfreybilt. Plus -- it actually is designed for the 2012 front end! Can't beat the appearance of it.

5. Nov 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    YotaMaster24

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma SR5
    3"suspension lift kit - toy tech Dual exhaust - FloMaster Limo Tinted windows Rain protectors for windows

Thanks for the help!!!!!

It definitely increased the fun in looking for anew bumper; I think I narrowed it down to two. It’s between of course"Pelfreybilt Fabrication" and the road armor ones. The major downside to road armor is that they do not have 2012 built yet, but the designerjust bought a 2012 and is going to tailor it to the truck. So I just need tocompare a little more in detail and really look into which one is the one.

Thanks for your time and trail on!!!!!

6. Mar 11, 2014 at 9:34 AM
    YotaMaster24

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma SR5
    she has all the armor she needs meow hahaha
    [​IMG]

7. May 17, 2015 at 9:25 PM
    the glen

the glen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Glen
    penisula
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off-Road 6SP manual spruce mica Taco
    Icon 2.5 remote res. Coilovers front, icon 2.5 rem res shocks rear, deavers 10 pack leafspring rear. Light racing ouca. Cmc, avid light bar, bamf sliders weld on, grillcraft mx grill, bamf light bracket with lightforce 170's. Uws toolbox, oem bed mat, weathertechs f/r, hella airhorns, trd antenna, talegate mod, Clifford alarm, budbuilt full skid plate set. All pro rear bumper. Superbumps bumpstops. Bulldog lighting reverse led lights in bumper. Trd short throw shifter. Cobra cb, firestick 4' ant. Icon LCA skids. Bamf rear dif skid. Hi lift x-treme mounted with relentless rail mounts in bed. Full size method/bfg in bed. Crown performance ss/Kevlar brake lines. Power tank mounted in bed. Rigid d2s mounted on relentless hood mounts. H3R quick release fire extinguisher mounted to driver's seat. Redline hood struts.
    I went with a relentless front bumper with cutouts for some rigid d2s and a rigid sr2 20" on top. I'm running a full (5 piece) BUDBUILT skid set( front, mid, t-case, cross member, and gas tank.download_20150329_170149.jpg IMG_20150214_214500066.jpg IMG_20150404_124956585_HDR.jpg IMAG0275.jpg IMAG0280.jpg

8. May 24, 2015 at 4:50 PM
    JimBCa

JimBCa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Bay Area California
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Build Duratrac 265/75R16 Load rated E BAMF Rock Sliders, Pelfreybilt Front bumper and skid plates (3) Pro Runner front and rear shocks,Add-A-Leaf springs ATO (Armor Tech Offroad) hilift mounts, Famous Fabrication cb antenna/flag mount CoverKing Tactical seat covers, Flyzeye dash-light ARE Shell, backup light mod SumoSprings and Stops
    Agreed, that is what I have get compliments on it all the time.

Products Discussed in

To Top