Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Smittybilt Trail Shade

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2014, 08:15 PM   #21
Pura Vida
Chux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chux's Tacoma Gallery
Was looking forward to making a similar canvas shade to use on the beach. Starting my search from an online fabric store to ending at this thread I'm stoked. Wasn't sure how I was going to do the pole setup but all and all now this the way to go for sure. Thanx OP for the review!
Old 05-27-2014, 05:16 AM   #22
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
No problem :thumpsup: it should work nicely off the rack on your shell.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:24 AM   #24
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered one on Amazon Prime this morning. Here by Thursday and will be used on Saturday.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:26 AM   #25
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chux View Post
Exactly! How tall are the poles?
i'm 5'9'', and they are taller than me, so 6'' maybe?

it's definately a shade to sit under. you're not going to have the head room of an easy-up, where a bunch of people can stand under it. then again, it's also 1/4 the price.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:27 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Just ordered one on Amazon Prime this morning. Here by Thursday and will be used on Saturday.
wheeling, or just chillin at the beach?
Old 05-27-2014, 06:27 AM   #27
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
wheeling, or just chillin at the beach?
Chilling at the lake for some scuba brush-up and camping.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:28 AM   #28

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeling Potts in July...
Old 05-27-2014, 09:17 AM   #29
Pura Vida
Chux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shedChux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chux's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i'm 5'9'', and they are taller than me, so 6'' maybe?

it's definately a shade to sit under. you're not going to have the head room of an easy-up, where a bunch of people can stand under it. then again, it's also 1/4 the price.
Truu. I plan on getting a rear bumper with swing out tire carrier and fold down table top. Between that in the locked open position and my tailgate thought it would be the ideal station for beach fishing or camping. Throw in the shade or cover from a little rain and your set. So basically I plan on doin more than just sitting under it. I still think it's a great deal! Just gona find a way to get max height out of it.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:24 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chux View Post
Truu. I plan on getting a rear bumper with swing out tire carrier and fold down table top. Between that in the locked open position and my tailgate thought it would be the ideal station for beach fishing or camping. Throw in the shade or cover from a little rain and your set. So basically I plan on doin more than just sitting under it. I still think it's a great deal! Just gona find a way to get max height out of it.
does great protecting from a light rain, but if you want protection from heavier rain, you'll need to spray it with a waterproofer that you'd use on a tent.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:31 PM   #31
Pura Vida

Chux's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my trail shade in the mail today and set it right up! Took a bit to setup for the first time but see it becoming easier the more I do it. A good tip is to focus on the tension lines and making sure they are secure, the tighter the line the tighter the canvas. Using the racks on my cap to attach the one side is perfect, with the window cap up it's tall enough to stand under which is ideal to work out of the back of the truck or off the tailgate. Can't wait to get this in use on the beach! Here's some pics

Old 05-30-2014, 06:36 PM   #32

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! Got mine yesterday and will be putting it to use tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:46 AM   #33

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Can't beat this for $60.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:58 PM   #34

Great shots guys! Glad they are working out for you.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:06 PM   #35
TacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
TacomaTruckParts's Tacoma Gallery
For the price, I just might have to get one.... Great reviews, guys !!

Jesse
Old 06-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #36
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
went out and got mine from 4 wheel parts today, looks great for $60 also got the 3 year full replacement warranty for another 7.. im excited to use it this weekend!
Old 06-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohbsTaco View Post
went out and got mine from 4 wheel parts today, looks great for $60 also got the 3 year full replacement warranty for another 7.. im excited to use it this weekend!
Don't forget the hammer drill and masonry bits so you can stake it down in that Utah rock
Old 06-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #38
Jack of all trades; Master of none
geekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

geekhouse23's Tacoma Gallery
Curious about the pole height. I know someone mentioned that they are roughly 6 feet high. Interested to know if someone could find like generic tent poles (or something similar) that would allow a height taller than 6 foot but still be able to collapse them to fit in the bag.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:21 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhouse23 View Post
Curious about the pole height. I know someone mentioned that they are roughly 6 feet high. Interested to know if someone could find like generic tent poles (or something similar) that would allow a height taller than 6 foot but still be able to collapse them to fit in the bag.
all you need is a 1/4'' x 1''+ protrusion at the top to go through the grommet and to attach the stabilizing lines to. other than that, you could make one out of anything, and as tall as you want.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #40
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't forget the hammer drill and masonry bits so you can stake it down in that Utah rock
hahaha, pfft but seriously.... ya ima need to figure out how to mount a post pounder to my truck....

Products Discussed in this Thread