Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Toytec corrosion protection !!

Old 12-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
Yota_Fox is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
Yota_Fox's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec corrosion protection !!

Ok finally got the weekend to start this install my question is has anyone put or used some thin plastic or anything to keep from corrosion between the top coil aluminum and the frame mount to keep things from corroding aluminum and steel don't mix we'll and noticed after pulling out my revtec that the top alum plate is corroded so to keep from doing the same to these pretty toytecs can I put like 3m or something like it as coating to keep this from happening again ?!? Something real thin obviously not to after the lift
Old 12-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota_Fox View Post
Ok finally got the weekend to start this install my question is has anyone put or used some thin plastic or anything to keep from corrosion between the top coil aluminum and the frame mount to keep things from corroding aluminum and steel don't mix we'll and noticed after pulling out my revtec that the top alum plate is corroded so to keep from doing the same to these pretty toytecs can I put like 3m or something like it as coating to keep this from happening again ?!? Something real thin obviously not to after the lift
Aluminum paint
Old 12-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #3

I don't have time to let that dry lol Jk true true what about a couple layers of window tint
Old 12-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
dont use something that will hold moisture if your going with something household..
Old 12-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #6

Good point about the moisture
Thanks I'm thinking the window tint should work maybe only one layer cut out and stuck on just something to keep from direct alum to steel contact
Old 12-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #7
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
that plastic tint will probably not last long
Old 12-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
I have never heard anyone calling the Toytec spacers pretty.

A coat of lithium grease on the top surface of the spacer will last a long time and displace any moisture. Just be sure to wipe off any excess from three studs after you have seated the strut in place.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #9

Ya pretty isn't quite the word lol grease will do just fine