1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Worthless Items

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by thegifguy, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Jan 28, 2009 at 8:44 AM
    thegifguy

thegifguy [OP] The Gif

Member:
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner Sport
    3" trailmaster lift-Pro Comp Wheels-2 X 10 Inch Kicker CVT/ 1000 watt Nitro Amp-AVIC D3 Navigation-Tinted Windows-Viper Remote Start and Security-Flowmaster Dual Exhaust-Westin Bull Guard-Billet Grill-K&N Cold Air Intake-WeatherTech Digital Align Floormats-Debadged-Sockmonkey Decal
    I have purchased an item for my truck that was a complete piece of junk and was wondering what items other people have got and felt the same way. Please put the name, the price, and why it was a a big heartbreak...

Avic D3 Navigation/DVD player
    Cost- 699$ plus 200 accessories/install
    Reason- Out dated maps/ Not user friendly

2. Jan 28, 2009 at 8:46 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    I'm fairly certain that you can download (or purchase?) updated maps for most GPS systems.

3. Jan 28, 2009 at 8:47 AM
    thegifguy

thegifguy [OP] The Gif

Member:
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    3" trailmaster lift-Pro Comp Wheels-2 X 10 Inch Kicker CVT/ 1000 watt Nitro Amp-AVIC D3 Navigation-Tinted Windows-Viper Remote Start and Security-Flowmaster Dual Exhaust-Westin Bull Guard-Billet Grill-K&N Cold Air Intake-WeatherTech Digital Align Floormats-Debadged-Sockmonkey Decal
    250$ for the new cd. I just bought it not too long ago

4. Jan 28, 2009 at 8:55 AM
    Rtrn2taco

Rtrn2taco Nostalgia...

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner (silver)
    You would think a company would give you a free update when you purchase it.

5. Jan 28, 2009 at 8:55 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Scaffolding and a painted grill
    Front differential drop on my '06. Not junk in terms of quality...just in terms of impact on the late-model trucks.

6. Jan 28, 2009 at 8:59 AM
    MacTaco

MacTaco Mustache May

Member:
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Indigo, Lifted, Flowmaster
    Skyjacker 3" Lift, 285/75/R16 Toyo M/T tires/ Eagle Alloy Wheels, Flowmaster 50 Series, Pioneer Din Head Unit, Viper Alarm/Remote Start System, Debadged, DT Headers, True Flow Intake
    Really?

I've had mine for about a year now, and it's worked flawlessly.

7. Jan 28, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    I'm pretty sure that you can download them on bit torrent sites.

8. Jan 28, 2009 at 9:04 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    i bought a bullbar once...that was a waste

9. Jan 28, 2009 at 3:02 PM
    thegifguy

thegifguy [OP] The Gif

Member:
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    the buttons are to non user friendly. when i lived in san antonio and it was worth jack shit as far as nav. The buttons and commands could be laid out a ton better. The bluetooth can never be heard. I really just feel like it was a waste.

10. Jan 28, 2009 at 3:06 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    bull bar i once had, bug guard, cheap floor mats, and i even had a throttle body spacer once upon a time:D.

11. Jan 28, 2009 at 3:34 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    1. Bullbar
    2. Hella Rallye 4000 Lights
    3. Bakflip G1

12. Jan 28, 2009 at 3:49 PM
    Ghost96Romeo

Ghost96Romeo What is the Search Tab for????

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off-Road D-Cab
    3" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift AAL Rear w/TSB, All-Pro Plate Bumper, Lightforce 240 Blitz lights, Lund Genesis Roll-top Bed cover, K&N Filters, Spidertrax Wheel spacers, Built-by-Me Rock Sliders, Jeep Tow-Hook, Black Leather seats, 48"Hi-Lift Jack mounted in the bed, Blacked out TRD Rims, BHLM, FLM..... and Awesomeness
    My 04 Honda Accord Coupe with the factory HFP package..... I bottomed out on every bump in Houston. Took it back to the dealer a month later and took an $8,000 dollar hit. Bastards.

13. Jan 28, 2009 at 3:50 PM
    Bluridge53

Bluridge53 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Piedmont, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco Dbl Cab V6 4X4
    A bug deflector for the Higlander. Being 5 yrs old it cracked from age and I tossed it without replacing. All it did was deflect the bugs to the windshield. Nasty. In the south during the summer the bugs are large enough to carry off small children and pets.

14. Jan 28, 2009 at 3:56 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Scaffolding and a painted grill
    GAH! About a year ago I rode my motorcycle from Gainesville to Miami in October and there was a stretch of road where I actually thought it was raining because of all the bugs.

My leathers never looked quite as clean after that ride!

15. Feb 25, 2009 at 8:46 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    Hah I'll do you one better - my buddy got pulled over in Klamath Falls, OR. The cop told him he was missing his front license plate. My friend had to grab a rag to prove it was still there :eek:

16. Feb 25, 2009 at 8:57 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Brush guard - $460 (at least sold it for $300)
    Hella 500FF lights - $80 x2 (but what can I expect from buying offroad lights at Walmart)

17. Feb 25, 2009 at 8:57 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Well to be honest, nothing I purchased truck wise has been junk/worthless.
    Maybe because when I started all of these items I looked, talked, and searched here on TW (except for the Undercover).

18. Feb 25, 2009 at 9:01 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    That's true. The brush guard wasn't junk by any means, just didn't serve a purpose other than mounting lights. But I guess that can be more attributed to my changing needs...

The lights though were a waste of money at $80/pair...

19. Feb 25, 2009 at 9:14 AM
    NicksRig

NicksRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kenora, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Blacked out Skid plate, block heater, bug deflector, blacked out headlights, tinted fronts, OME 3" lift, Toytec AAL, Revenge-Fab Sliders, K&N Air Filter
    Nothing yet for me. But that is because I have spent so much time read on TW and havent done to many mods. :p

20. Feb 25, 2009 at 9:19 AM
    09tacoLI

09tacoLI Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island ny
    Vehicle:
    09 off road
    Shrockworks sliders,Shrockworks Front bumper,Warn 9.5xp winch,Toytec Ult.3in,Total Chaos UCAs,AP expo Rear, Fox remote resi shocks Bud built skids,Piaa 7in,Piaa yellow plasma Off road lights.
    I haven't got anything worthless for this truck yet. But for my s-10 when I lived In colorado springs I bought the stickon rain guards and a bug deflector a week later the left rain gaurd fell off while driving when a friend said to me these are cool when did you get'em then touched it. The fuckin thing flew right out of his hand. Gone but not forgotten. The bug deflector broke in half the first winter when I was cleaning snow off the hood. Needless to say I havent bought these products again.

Products Discussed in

To Top