1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clazzio Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Redfox1, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Dec 8, 2012 at 4:51 PM
    Redfox1

Redfox1 [OP] 'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Santa Paula, CA and SLO
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Sport TRD
    Browning Floor Mats, 275/70/17 BFG All-Terrain T/A's, Procomp 7089 wheels,Rear Spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's, LED roof light, seatbelt chime disabled, CB, UWS Toolbox,
    So I have been researching for a while before I purchased these and there wasn't much info out there. Hopefully this will help a bit.

I purchased the Clazzio fake leather seat covers straight off the clazzio website on August 5th. They are the light gray outer and gray inner. They claimed that custom seat covers would take between 8-16 weeks and they definitely made use of that time. They shipped the seat covers on 11/28 and they arrived at my house on 11/29.

The first thing I noticed is that they were made in China, didn't really know that but wasn't surprised. The install was not horrible as far as seat covers go, but it was definitely a project. The instructions aren't all that clear, but they come with pictures so it isn't too bad. It ended up taking my dad and I about 2.5 hours to get it all on since they are very snug.

The actual material used is very nice IMO, but the seams on the other hand aren't the best. I definitely had to be careful putting them on. Also they have a few wrinkles but I hope that they will smooth out over time. Also the little center console piece is cool, but pretty much useless unless you can fashion a way to make the leather taut. Maybe by sewing it together underneath the lid or something

The light gray doesn't quite match the light gray of the truck interior, but its pretty damn close and that's all I can ask for I suppose.

Overall I'm pretty pleased and would give it a 4/5 stars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dec 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM
    Rsoxfan1

Rsoxfan1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mass
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    From the samples I have there regular grey is a very close match to the tacoma grey.

3. Dec 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Love your sig! Looks good, but you can get your front seats to look better by pulling them down more. You're right about the center console directions, they pretty much suck. I unscrewed the inner part and stretched the cover out and screwed it back together, but if you do it be careful as those screws are very small and easy to strip the threads. I ended up using larger screws to put it back together.

4. Dec 8, 2012 at 5:29 PM
    Redfox1

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Santa Paula, CA and SLO
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Sport TRD
    Browning Floor Mats, 275/70/17 BFG All-Terrain T/A's, Procomp 7089 wheels,Rear Spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's, LED roof light, seatbelt chime disabled, CB, UWS Toolbox,
    Ya I saw that too. The light gray is the one that I believe doesn't quite match the light gray in the tacoma

5. Dec 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM
    Redfox1

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Santa Paula, CA and SLO
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Sport TRD
    Thanks! I was pretty worn out by the time I got everything on finally so I didn't have much of a chance to work on the details, but I think I'll get on that tomorrow.

6. Dec 8, 2012 at 8:42 PM
    Beast Mode

Beast Mode Well-Known Member

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB Sport 4x4
    RCD lift, Pro Comp, 285/70/17 Destination AT, LR UCA, magnaflow muffler, LEER 180, Flyzeye, Clazzio covers, N-Fab steps
    Looks good! And I second the comment that you can pull them down for a tighter more custom look/ fit. Did you take out your seats for the install?

7. Dec 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM
    Redfox1

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Santa Paula, CA and SLO
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Sport TRD
    Thanks! No I didn't, I think that's why I had a hard time getting the sides pulled down further. I'll see if I can fix it tomorrow.

8. Dec 10, 2012 at 9:45 AM
    Rsoxfan1

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mass
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    Have the covers smoothed out all?

9. Dec 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM
    Redfox1

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Santa Paula, CA and SLO
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Sport TRD
    Ya they did, not completely, but they don't bother me anymore. The backseat looks perfect though. I'm really liking them so far.

10. Dec 10, 2012 at 2:33 PM
    Rsoxfan1

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mass
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    That's good..

Products Discussed in

To Top