Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Clazzio Seat Covers

Old 12-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Clazzio Seat Covers

So I have been researching for a while before I purchased these and there wasn't much info out there. Hopefully this will help a bit.

I purchased the Clazzio fake leather seat covers straight off the clazzio website on August 5th. They are the light gray outer and gray inner. They claimed that custom seat covers would take between 8-16 weeks and they definitely made use of that time. They shipped the seat covers on 11/28 and they arrived at my house on 11/29.

The first thing I noticed is that they were made in China, didn't really know that but wasn't surprised. The install was not horrible as far as seat covers go, but it was definitely a project. The instructions aren't all that clear, but they come with pictures so it isn't too bad. It ended up taking my dad and I about 2.5 hours to get it all on since they are very snug.

The actual material used is very nice IMO, but the seams on the other hand aren't the best. I definitely had to be careful putting them on. Also they have a few wrinkles but I hope that they will smooth out over time. Also the little center console piece is cool, but pretty much useless unless you can fashion a way to make the leather taut. Maybe by sewing it together underneath the lid or something

The light gray doesn't quite match the light gray of the truck interior, but its pretty damn close and that's all I can ask for I suppose.

Overall I'm pretty pleased and would give it a 4/5 stars.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
Rsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Rsoxfan1's Tacoma Gallery
From the samples I have there regular grey is a very close match to the tacoma grey.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #3
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Love your sig! Looks good, but you can get your front seats to look better by pulling them down more. You're right about the center console directions, they pretty much suck. I unscrewed the inner part and stretched the cover out and screwed it back together, but if you do it be careful as those screws are very small and easy to strip the threads. I ended up using larger screws to put it back together.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsoxfan1 View Post
From the samples I have there regular grey is a very close match to the tacoma grey.
Ya I saw that too. The light gray is the one that I believe doesn't quite match the light gray in the tacoma
Old 12-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #5

Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
Love your sig! Looks good, but you can get your front seats to look better by pulling them down more. You're right about the center console directions, they pretty much suck. I unscrewed the inner part and stretched the cover out and screwed it back together, but if you do it be careful as those screws are very small and easy to strip the threads. I ended up using larger screws to put it back together.
Thanks! I was pretty worn out by the time I got everything on finally so I didn't have much of a chance to work on the details, but I think I'll get on that tomorrow.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beast Mode's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! And I second the comment that you can pull them down for a tighter more custom look/ fit. Did you take out your seats for the install?
Old 12-08-2012, 11:59 PM   #7

Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast Mode View Post
Looks good! And I second the comment that you can pull them down for a tighter more custom look/ fit. Did you take out your seats for the install?
Thanks! No I didn't, I think that's why I had a hard time getting the sides pulled down further. I'll see if I can fix it tomorrow.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #8
Rsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Have the covers smoothed out all?
Old 12-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #9

Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsoxfan1 View Post
Have the covers smoothed out all?
Ya they did, not completely, but they don't bother me anymore. The backseat looks perfect though. I'm really liking them so far.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox1 View Post
Ya they did, not completely, but they don't bother me anymore. The backseat looks perfect though. I'm really liking them so far.
That's good..