Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Trail Camera

Old 12-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Trail Camera

Just started hunting and I am looking for a good trail camera. Any ideas for a good one? I would love to find one that sends me pictures by email or text or something so I can view them from home. Hunting spot is a little ways away! Trying to stay in a good price range to since I'm just beginning to hunt
Old 12-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #2
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Cuddeback makes great cameras. Easy to use and hold up very well out in the elements.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Perfect! I will check those out! Thanks
Old 12-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
disk_55FL is on a distinguished road

Name: disk
disk_55FL's Tacoma Gallery
I've used different brands in the past.......

Roconyx is the best I've found.

Best review site I've found :

http://www.trailcampro.com/trailcamerareviews.aspx

These guys don't seem to push any particular brand........ enjoy !
Old 12-30-2012, 12:30 AM   #5
vettenut2 is on a distinguished road
vettenut2's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Bushnell Trophy Cam HD Max but it won't send you pictures!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance

Decided that cameras that send pics are out of my price range. I purchased a SPYPOINT IR-5 camera. Now I need a good way to secure it
Old 12-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
I bought my Bushell from trailcampro.com They have metal boxes made for them and locking cables that go around the tree and through the box. It's a great site to learn about them. http://www.trailcampro.com/trailcamerareviews.aspx
Old 01-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance

Camera is here, review to follow after a few days in woods!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #9
Carolina Alliance

Placed the camera out on Saturday. Going to grab it tonight and see what shows up on it. Will write up a review if I have some pics.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #10
DoubleTake is on a distinguished road
DoubleTake's Tacoma Gallery
Reconyx are the best. Great on batteries and pictures. You can go up to 10 shot bursts, which are great for trails or scrapes.

Cuddeback has horrible service and their cameras seem to last barely longer than their warranty periods. Take good pictures, their new ones seem to be better on batteries.

I have also tried Wild Game Innovations cameras. They are decent for the money, seem to miss some pictures. The external battery they offer really extends the run time.

If money is a factor, buy one or two Reconyxs or buy a lot of other cameras. I am not sure on Reconyxs warranty work (never had to send one back), but we have had the same camera running about 5 years now.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #11
Mechanic for Honda
Mossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to all

Coast Guard: Prior service
Name: billy
Mossy's Tacoma Gallery
Bushnells aren't too bad.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #12
I bought a Bushnell and the meatal security box and cable and it's great!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #13
Carolina Alliance

Went a few days ago and checked the camera and caught half a deer! Trail seemed to be in the area my camera was not pointing! I moved the camera and will be checking tomorrow morning on it! Expect to see some deer, been in a good spot for about 3 days/nights
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #14
They come down from the mountains at night at my summer home in a valley at the foot of mountains. With my Bushell I get lots of deer, some raccoons and red fox.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #15
Carolina Alliance

I pulled the camera and had roughly three deer. Pictures were not great due to weird weather that is causing humidity, and very dense fog. Could see them but not well.