Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Dash Mat you love

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
vettenut2 is on a distinguished road
vettenut2's Tacoma Gallery
Dash Mat you love

Has anyone found a dash mat they love? How about the Coverking molded dash mat?
Old 01-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
rookie
ryan c is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
ryan c's Tacoma Gallery
it wasn't as molded as i was hoping for so i returned it. i went with a dashtek design somethinerother from the dealership. it takes a lot of Velcro to hold it down but i haven't had to wipe my dash down for over a year
Old 01-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
Thanks Ryan, do you know if the velcro will damage the dash? I hate the idea of sticking it on the dash and worry about what would happen if it was removed.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
rookie

ryan c's Tacoma Gallery
It says it wont but I suppose it could depending on how long its there. I plan on leaving mine on for a long time so well see one day lol. IMO I think itll be fine. It wouldn't cause as much damage as the sun could do I wouldn't think.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
Coolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Coolerman's Tacoma Gallery
When I bought my truck used form the dealer it had a cheap carpet one on the dash. I asked them to remove it so it was off when i picked up the truck(at night). so i didn't notice until later that there are marks on the dash where the velcro was.. I thought it was glue that would come off with some cleaner but it didn't. I should have said something at the time, but thought I could clean it up myself. The marks are small, but i havent figured out a way to clean them up or paint them yet.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #7
rookie

ryan c's Tacoma Gallery
oh shit that's good to know. hard to say what kind Velcro was used. goo gone or rubbing alcohol didn't work? damn good luck with that. keep us posted if you come up with something.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #8
Coolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Coolerman's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, I suspect that the guys who removed it were in a rush and possibly damaged the dash when removing the velcro. I should have just done it myself. Oh well.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #9
Zombie
SkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Skeeter
SkeeterBilt's Tacoma Gallery
i have one off ebay... the trick is you have to tuck the dash mat between the windshield and the dash up front, that way it doesnt slide around. i used little velcro'd, maybe 6 small pieces. it takes a week or so for it to really lay flat on the dash. i paid 40 bucks for mine off ebay and i like it. i velcro'd patches so it wasnt a huge furry spot on the airbag
Attached Thumbnails
Dash Mat you love-dash-matt.jpg  
Old 01-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #10
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
Where I work we make custom seat covers and dashcovers... the best way to remove the velcro is taking it off slowly, then using alcohol to get all the sticky residue off. And the guy above is right, if you're worried about TINY marks the velcro makes over the years, think about the pounding the entire dash will take if you don't cover it.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #11
Thanks for the advice on dash pads
Old 01-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #13
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
I have Cover King for my 1st Gen and 2nd Gen. For $30 at Costco, it was a deal. Yes, the velcro can ruin your dash if you remove it as dash is painted.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #14
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking about this one:

http://www.autoanything.com/dash-mats/60A4600A0A0.aspx
Old 01-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #15
rookie

ryan c's Tacoma Gallery
Well if you don't use Velcro, be careful rolling down your windows. Mine started flopping and it was tucked in in the front. I didn't want to use anything but it was necessary.

Products Discussed in this Thread