Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Wireless winch remotes, any good?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
Wireless winch remotes, any good?

I'm thinking of getting a wireless remote for my winch since I'm planning on building a hidden winch mount and having the solenoid box mounted under the hood. I will still have the wired remote for "backup" in case of the wireless one giving trouble, battery dying... The warn ones are pretty overpriced for what they are, has anyone tried one of these?

They can be found on fleabay, and run about $15 shipped from asia, and have a 50' range. Anybody tried one?
Old 12-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Doesn't seem too popular.

Here's some reviews I found while searching.
http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Stuff-WIN...owViewpoints=1

I don't like the sound of the delay with 1/2 second minimun "on" time.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
I have the warn wireless remote and it works just fine. I like it.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
We have one for the race car trailer. Works fine. Easier to walk around the car double checking while loading.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Well, I bought two of the ones shown in the pic above, so far, so good. A few notes so far:
-They DO have unique codes/channels, whatever the correct term is, so the two don't interfere. This is good, since I bought one for my brother to use on his winch, and mine is for me, so me controlling his winch or vice-versa would be bad, to say the least.

-The delay and minimum "on time" is a bit less than 1/2 second in my best estimation, not too bad. I tested them with jumper wires and a sealed beam so far.

I'm going to mount the "base" unit under my dash and extend the wiring to the solenoid box, this way I won't have to worry about water, salt... killing the receiver unit. I'm also going to wire a switch inline with it's supply power, so I don't get unintended winching in the unlikely event it received a matching signal from someones key fob, door opener, who knows what.

Now, I just have to get my winch mount built and get it all together!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #6
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the warn wireless remote for $100. I just got it today and once I install it I will post up pictures and a review.

Products Discussed in this Thread