push bar

Old 01-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
stevep is on a distinguished road
stevep's Tacoma Gallery
push bar

what do you guys think of the Westin Ultimate Bull Bar With Skid Plate
and what do you think black or chrome for my black trd
Old 01-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Not a fan. They offer little actual protection, decrease ground clearance/approach angle, and I think they're ugly. However, if the truck won't be offroad then it's fine. I would say black if you're dead set on one, because chrome on trucks is lame. If you want it for protection, get a tube or plate bumper and skids.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Push bar is a big misnomer.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
I like the look of bull bars (even though there are many haters on this site).
I would say black also, I personally don't like chrome.
Westin is probably one of the better brands out there.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixinus View Post
Push bar is a big misnomer.
Agreed...they are more for looks.
I do have to say that contrary to popular believe on this site, I have seen several trucks in my area that has small dents in the bull bar from small parking lot type accidents - if it wasn't for the bull bars, those dents would have been on the bumpers, so they do serve a purpose at very low speed impact.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #6
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
Agreed...they are more for looks.
I do have to say that contrary to popular believe on this site, I have seen several trucks in my area that has small dents in the bull bar from small parking lot type accidents - if it wasn't for the bull bars, those dents would have been on the bumpers, so they do serve a purpose at very low speed impact.
I am sure they will help protect the bumper in the area that it covers. I got running boards for shopping cart derby and I have seen them save my door first hand.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:28 AM   #7
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
bullbars made by westin and the like are great "light bars"

they may help in parking lot taps, but will greatly increase front end damage when the thin mounting tabs give and allow the bar to fold back into the grill/bumper skin.

Ive seen it on a nissan truck, and also seen a brush bar total the front end of an exterra in a low speed crash