1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shocks?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Kevinztaco, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Jan 8, 2013 at 4:15 PM
    Kevinztaco

Kevinztaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    none yet
    Hi all,

I bought my 2013 Tacoma, V6, 4x4, TRD Sport about a month ago and I have been happy with it except the road handling, particularly on turns. I think the suspensions are too soft? It feels like the truck is going to roll over at tighter turns. I don't expect it to handle turns like a sports car but I am hopping to get some suggestions on how to improve turns. I have driven the TRD Off Road before and didn't like the bumpy ride. Anything out there that would solve this problem?

2. Jan 8, 2013 at 5:07 PM
    wolftree

wolftree Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Regular cab automatic trans,
    Rear Leaf TSB, Bilstein 5100s, extra leaf added
    You are correct about the suspension being too soft. Toyota made it that way for cruising the mall, not carrying anything or handling.

The quickest, cheapest improvement would be to install better shocks at least on the rear. All around would be better. I recommend either Bilstein 4600s or 5100s.

The Toyota Bilsteins that I think are on your truck are made to Toyota spec by Bilstein (Soft).

I am not certain what tires you have. My truck came with Dunlop GranTreks and scared me in a curves. I replaced them at 1300 miles and it was the best decision I could have made. I went with Michelin LTX M/S2s in a 265/70R-16 size.

Products Discussed in

To Top