Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Blitzpro 6D LED Light review

Old 01-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
Chris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Chris24's Tacoma Gallery
Blitzpro 6D LED Light review

Haven't seen a review or beam shots of the 6D so i figured i'd write up a short little review for the one I just bought. Bought it to go in between my Hella 500ff lights for some more flood lighting and it is perfect for the job and is quite blinding when looking at it from in front of the truck! I did forget to take an amperage reading before wiring it up completely, sorry!

Pros:
*PRICE!
*Very very bright fr the compact size
*Feels very sturdy and well made
*Comes with 2 mounting options and a waterproof wire connector

Cons:
*Lens looks thin...i'm sure it will hold up, but it sounds thin when i tap on it...maybe all lightbar lenses are this way, idk, this is my first lol
*Between the lens edges and the casing there is a gap of space...this worries me because it seems there would be a potential for water/dust/crap to enter the light (This is shown in the first picture). If it was designed this way on purpose, maybe Blitzpro will chime in and tell me/us why.

Overall this light is AWESOME for the price and I do recommend it. Very happy with the purchase and am considering getting another one in the near future.

Pics!

(Notice gap between lens/housing)

***The only light on in this pic is the 6D***
Old 01-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
I found out about these lights over on ExPo. I have read a couple other reviews too and all have been positive. Can't beat the proces on them either! I think I will be putting some LEDs on the Taco in the spring!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #4
Chris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Chris24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
I found out about these lights over on ExPo. I have read a couple other reviews too and all have been positive. Can't beat the proces on them either! I think I will be putting some LEDs on the Taco in the spring!
I also have 2 6lz's on my rear bumper and they're awesome too!