Notices

Best Cargo Net!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
ndub86 will become famous soon enoughndub86 will become famous soon enough
Name: Neal
ndub86's Tacoma Gallery
Best Cargo Net!

Hey all,

So I'm in the market for a cargo net for my Tacoma. I've scoured the Internet and have not come across anything that I like yet. I don't want a webbed net, I do not want a "spider" net, and I don't want something that looks and feels like it will break. My Dad got a cargo net about 5 years ago that is perfect for exactly what I want. Unfortunately, he doesn't remember where he got it.

So here's the features that I am looking for - it needs to be elastic (no webbing), it needs to be thick and the hooks need to be strong. Also, it is preferable if the hooks can be moved. Anyone have a cargo net that is perfect?

Below are pictures of what I'm looking for:

Old 01-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
I recommend the Toyota factory cargo net.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
ndub86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgecko View Post
I recommend the Toyota factory cargo net.
I was looking at that...my question is does it allow for a lot of expansion? When I go camping with a lot of my buddies, I usually have cargo piled up pretty high and having the elastic net keeps it all secure. From the pictures on Toyota's website, it appeared their webbed net had a low fit.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Yes at the (4) clipping points you can let it out a bit. Its a quality made net, I use mine quite a bit.

The net rolls up and fits behind the rear passenger seat perfectly.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #5
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
On my double cab short bed, I use a Yakima Load Warrior net I had laying around. Perfect size.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a TarpX from Costco a couple of years ago for about $50. I use it when I go camping and love it. Before that, I was going through tarps like crazy and using ratchet straps to hold the tarp done. The TarpX has straps built into it, so there's no need for ratchet straps. http://www.tarpx.com/
Old 01-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #7
ndub86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmccoy007 View Post
I bought a TarpX from Costco a couple of years ago for about $50. I use it when I go camping and love it. Before that, I was going through tarps like crazy and using ratchet straps to hold the tarp done. The TarpX has straps built into it, so there's no need for ratchet straps. http://www.tarpx.com/
Damn that does look awesome! I think that might be the winner. Too bad Costco doesn't carry it right now...on their website it's $100. Costco does have a pair of 4 ratcheting tie-downs from SnapOn for $20 which is a killer deal if I had need for that type of tie-downs.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #8
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I got it in the summer. I know they change their stuff around. You might check then.