Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

What do you LIKE about your Tacoma?

Old 01-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
What do you LIKE about your Tacoma?

There is already a thread about what you"dislike"so I just right I'd start a thread about what you do like! I love the size, it's smaller then a fullsize, but bigger then most other small trucks.I also love being able to get 4 doors AND a full 6'bed.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
Kevinztaco has a spectacular aura aboutKevinztaco has a spectacular aura about
Kevinztaco's Tacoma Gallery
The oil filter sticking out on top makes changing oil way easier than my 2000 Taco.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
car78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

car78412's Tacoma Gallery
I am grateful that Toyota still offers crank windows and manual door locks on the Tacoma. I had them on my 03 and they always worked flawlessly. I also like the basic door/ignition key without all the electronics. I like my truck as basic as it can get. I would be equally happy if they didn't force a/c, power steering and brakes on you. I used to drive trucks without all of these frills and miss the double footing the brakes and bulging triceps in my arms.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

Wow! Only 2 responses?!!?Guess not many other people like their trucks!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #5
car78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalimited View Post
Wow! Only 2 responses?!!?Guess not many other people like their trucks!
Its called the "glass half empty " syndrome. It is just natural for people to dwell on the negative. After driving for 43 years, I can appreciate owning a truck that is dependable and holds its value. Many people in this blog didn't own a chevy or ford truck that had to have an engine or tranny replaced after 30k miles or going back to the dealership with a list of 10 to 15 items that needed to be fixed on a new truck. I have. The Tacoma may not be perfect but its better than anything else out there.
This is my 2nd Tacoma. I got $6,500 on the trade for my 03 reg cab 4x4 for my 13 4x4 reg cab. This truck holds its value. At least after 10 years.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #6

Nice truck!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #7
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
I like the color! Shame they got rid of it in '12.

I also like the fact that it fits in my garage even with the access cab and 6' box. If I had a newer Tundra I'd be screwed.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalimited View Post
Nice truck!
Back at ya!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #9
05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future
Name: JIMSTER
05taco2.7's Tacoma Gallery
i love the small turning radius, the manual locks window trans (less to break), can fit in my tiny ass garage no problem, 4x4 works every time (im still switchin to fj case soon), all the mods in the world, and everyone i know in envious of my lil 4 banger
Old 01-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by car78412 View Post
Back at ya!
Thanx!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #11
No Rangers Here is on a distinguished road

Army: Apache helicopter repairman 15R
Name: jordan
No Rangers Here's Tacoma Gallery
the straight toughness and ability to take on any sort of beating you give it
Old 01-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #12
jgillchevy is on a distinguished road
Army: Retired 11B 1SG
Name: Dan
jgillchevy's Tacoma Gallery
I love the "lines" of a tacoma, it's just a sharp lookin truck!! I know beauty is supposed to be in the eye of the beholder,.....but,.... I don't understand how ANYONE could look at a tacoma without thinking, "Damn that's a good lookin truck!!" I look forward every day to just driving it, no matter where im going, no matter how far or how short of a trip....its a feeling you just don't get with too many vehicles.
I love the "cult like following" that tacomas have; this website, the meetings,......it's like your in a motorcycle club or something, a "brotherhood."

OH YEAH,....I almost forgot,.....I love how my obsession for constantly wanting to buy stuff for my taco sometimes makes me "hide money"/"cook the books" to hide the spending from the wife (because spending our money on my truck is "selfish".....AND "Your not a 20 year old kid anymore." Which she usually catches me, several times putting us on the verge of divorce just because of my terminal taco mod disease. Also love how I can't help looking for and looking at other tacos while were driving, and GOD is the wife ever sick of THAT!! I honestly think she'd mind less if I was checkin out other women.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #13
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Love the full size bed, more roomier then the Frontier in DC form, holds awesome resale value, touch screen radio, hidden storage compartments in the rear cab & bed, I can see over most vehicles, bluetooth for audio and cell, the front end redesign, I don't attract too much attention from cops or thieves... so far.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #14
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
I love the way the exterior looks, and appreciate that it's never broken down on me in 105,000 miles. I also really enjoy the resale value.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #15
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
I like the exterior styling, I like that it is comfortable, efficient, rock solid reliable, and it keeps a strong trade-in value. I like that the heater produces warm air in around 2 minutes. I especially like that I'm coming up on 100k and have not had one single problem -- there's absolutely nothing wrong with my truck, purrs like a kitten even 30k miles after the factory warranty has expired. And I like the fact that once I perform all the 100k recommended maintenance stuff, I won't have to do much for the next 100k miles except oil changes, tire rotations, and maybe a new serpentine or brake pads/shoes. Very low maintenance is a beautiful thing.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #16
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
One word: Reliability!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #17
cotaco05 is a splendid one to beholdcotaco05 is a splendid one to beholdcotaco05 is a splendid one to beholdcotaco05 is a splendid one to beholdcotaco05 is a splendid one to beholdcotaco05 is a splendid one to beholdcotaco05 is a splendid one to behold
Firefighter: Tail boarder
Name: Jeff
cotaco05's Tacoma Gallery
reliable, fast when I get on it, love the size of the access cab for parking and turning. Very capable for getting on the trail, too.
I love pretty much everything about it!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:11 AM   #18
luvsoffroading
tacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: rich
tacomarich's Tacoma Gallery
A-Trac! For getting me unstuck from the mud, several times! Reliability, power, design, great six speed manual and I could go on and on.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #19
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I like the solid, beefy construction. Same rear axle as the Tundra !
14 years old, but everything works perfectly.
I also like (most of) the basics (manual windows, locks and hubs) ...
less to go wrong. I also don't have a tach and tripometer , but those
are provided by my Ultraguage.

I really prefer the front-end of the 99, IMHO its more truck-like than
the 2001 front end (more car-like). Its the right size for me, really
didn't want the much larger and more complex 2005+ models,
especially since I do the maintenance and most of the mods myself.

I was really fortunate to find it on CL 18 months ago.