Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Trek Lights 18" XT LED Lightbar (Spot)

Old 02-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
Chris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Chris24's Tacoma Gallery
Trek Lights 18" XT LED Lightbar (Spot)

This review is for the Trek Lights 18" XT LED Lightbar with spot beam. Product page is found here http://www.treklights.com/collection...h-treklight-xt.

Receiving the package I noticed that it was wrapped in enough bubble wrap to survive a pretty good beating from the delivery service, but luckily they didn't test this and the box arrived at my door in perfect condition. Unfortunately no pics of the packaging, i ripped it open in excitement before thinking about pictures!

Initial review...WOW! This thing is built like a tank. Feels very solid and it is pretty heavy, much heavier than i thought it would be, which i love because it makes it seem much more durable. The light has no imperfections in the finish, lens, reflectors, or LEDs that i could find.

After closing all of my curtains and turning off all of the lights in my house, and annoying my girlfriend through it all, i grabbed my 12V jump box to get an idea of what this thing could do. Hooked everything up and BAM!! This bar can put out some serious light!...In my living room at least, so far. I quickly unplugged the thing and ran outside to pop my hood and get ready for mounting and wiring.

Finished the wiring just as it was getting pretty dark outside so I was ready to really test the light. Hit the switch and my whole front yard lit up. Drove up on the street and not only does the light put out a good amount of flood lighting, it also throws a pretty good distance, which I am very pleased with.

Trek Light's specs for this light:
  • 108 Watts
  • Operating Voltage: 10 Volts – 30 Volts DC
  • IP67 Rated
  • 36 3-Watt CREE LEDS
  • Color Temperature: 6000K
  • Die cast aluminum housing
  • Polycarbonate lens
  • Stainless steel mounting bracket
  • Spot or Flood Beam
  • 50,000 hour estimated LED life
  • Mounting Dimensions: 18” W x 3” H x 2.75” D

Pros:
Built extremely well
BRIGHT!
Troy from Trek is a great guy
Comes with switch and fuse holder
I like the mounting design
Cree LEDs (which are made in the USA)

Cons:
Seriously...i haven't found any yet...

Overall, i really recommend this light to anyone in the market for an LED bar. Trek Lights is a new company but they have definitely earned my future business.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
Chris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Chris24's Tacoma Gallery

Only output pic for now, taken with my S3..will take more this weekend with the real camera

***I NEED TO AIM THE LIGHT HIGHER BUT HAVENT HAD TIME!!***

Old 02-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #4
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Very impressive. Can't wait to get mine!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #5
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
Name: Jim
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice write up, hooking them up, is it just wires and switch or any other parts required as I have no experience with LED other than flashlight.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #6
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 4th Fighter Wing
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
Have a pic of it mounted?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #7
Chris24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBCa View Post
Very nice write up, hooking them up, is it just wires and switch or any other parts required as I have no experience with LED other than flashlight.
I would suggest getting a relay. I believe if you ask Troy from Trek he can recommend a good one to buy. But wiring isnt that bad
Old 02-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
Chris24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by knine00 View Post
Have a pic of it mounted?
Ill get one for you tomorrow, by the time i got it mounted it was dark. i'll get some good night shots too.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #10
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Cant wait for mine!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #11
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How do the treklights compare to your blitzpro lights?
Old 02-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #12
Chris24's Tacoma Gallery
well the Blitzpro is more of a flood light and they are great at that, so I really can't compare the Trek spot pattern to them

i will say that though the Spot pattern does give some flood, i like having the additional flood lighting of the Blitzpro's that i have and can tell when they aren't on
Old 02-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #13

Good to know. I actually want something with a flood pattern in the future, but i am going with spot pattern now.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #14
Chris24's Tacoma Gallery
The spot of the Trek Lights 18" replaced my 2 Hella 500s and seems to throw just as much!! But i love having flood and spot