1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Grill Mesh from Customcargrills.com

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by chipnoreo, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Feb 19, 2013 at 7:36 PM
    chipnoreo

chipnoreo [OP] Ready for snow!

Member:
    First Name:
    Anna
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Ram Eco Diesel
    Getting 30 mpg on the highway
    After much debate regarding how to mount my LED lightbar, I finally decided to mount behind the grill. This is a great idea, minus the part that I have a stock grill.

So, I decided to do my own thin-lip satoshi. This lead to the issue of where to get mesh from. I came across customcargrills.com and these guys were great to deal with. They have two preset options that come cut for the Tacoma grill. One of them didn't look like it would let much light though, and I was not too keen on the other one.

I decided to e mail them on a sunday asking if they could cut a different mesh pattern for my truck. I got an e mail back within a few hours. I explained that I wanted the thin lip and they cut it a little bigger than normal. I paid on monday and by the end of the week, I had my mesh! Overall, it was $62 to get it cut (with extra mesh for the triangles), powdercoated, and shipped (to Alaska!). It was shipped in sturdy cardboard.

Unfortunately, I have not had time to install yet. I will probably have to trim it some since neither me nor them were sure exactly how much more (if any) mesh the thin lip would require. Looks like it is maybe a quarter inch all the way around for the tin lip. The mesh seems to be sturdy and the powder coating seems to be good quality.

If you are wanting to do your own satoshi, I had a great experience with this company and would recommend them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Feb 19, 2013 at 7:47 PM
    montgomery_30824

montgomery_30824 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Guyton, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '06 prerunner 4dr
    K & N airfilter, custom built 10" sub boxes, pioneer head, mag-lite mod, Blue LED dash lights, custom painted engine cover, mud flap removal mod, alarm/remote start installed,
    Sweet, keep us updated on how it goes and maybe do an install thread.

3. Feb 19, 2013 at 7:51 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Matt is a super nice guy and very easy to deal with.
    I've used his mesh for several grills in the past and have had a positive experience with each transaction.
    He offers some mesh styles that I do not and although they do not come pre-bent or cut to fit it is top-notch material.
    Best of luck with your project! :thumbsup:

4. Feb 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM
    chipnoreo

chipnoreo [OP] Ready for snow!

Member:
    First Name:
    Anna
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Ram Eco Diesel
    Getting 30 mpg on the highway

thanks man!

I have been reading your threads on the satoshi extensively. Your work looks great!

I am all for the DIY and mess with it with all the successes and failures though. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top