Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Grill Mesh from Customcargrills.com

Old 02-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #1
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Grill Mesh from Customcargrills.com

After much debate regarding how to mount my LED lightbar, I finally decided to mount behind the grill. This is a great idea, minus the part that I have a stock grill.

So, I decided to do my own thin-lip satoshi. This lead to the issue of where to get mesh from. I came across customcargrills.com and these guys were great to deal with. They have two preset options that come cut for the Tacoma grill. One of them didn't look like it would let much light though, and I was not too keen on the other one.

I decided to e mail them on a sunday asking if they could cut a different mesh pattern for my truck. I got an e mail back within a few hours. I explained that I wanted the thin lip and they cut it a little bigger than normal. I paid on monday and by the end of the week, I had my mesh! Overall, it was $62 to get it cut (with extra mesh for the triangles), powdercoated, and shipped (to Alaska!). It was shipped in sturdy cardboard.

Unfortunately, I have not had time to install yet. I will probably have to trim it some since neither me nor them were sure exactly how much more (if any) mesh the thin lip would require. Looks like it is maybe a quarter inch all the way around for the tin lip. The mesh seems to be sturdy and the powder coating seems to be good quality.

If you are wanting to do your own satoshi, I had a great experience with this company and would recommend them!

Old 02-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
Sweet, keep us updated on how it goes and maybe do an install thread.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:20 AM   #4
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Matt is a super nice guy and very easy to deal with.
I've used his mesh for several grills in the past and have had a positive experience with each transaction.
He offers some mesh styles that I do not and although they do not come pre-bent or cut to fit it is top-notch material.
Best of luck with your project!

thanks man!

I have been reading your threads on the satoshi extensively. Your work looks great!

I am all for the DIY and mess with it with all the successes and failures though.