Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Thule racks for Tacoma truck bed

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
Zoltan is on a distinguished road
Zoltan's Tacoma Gallery
Thule racks for Tacoma truck bed

On the bed of a Tacoma, I saw some Thule vertical posts, with padded cross beams to carry a canoe or any kind of boat. The Thule posts looked like they connected right into the Tacoma rail tie-down system. I've looked on the Thule website and don't see them listed. Anybody know of what I'm talking about?
Old 02-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Something like this?
http://www.autoanything.com/truck-ra...A4841A0A0.aspx
Old 02-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #3
Zoltan's Tacoma Gallery
No the ones I'm looking for extent up to the level of the roof of the truck so you can carry a long boat or board. Last night I saw the exact thing I'm looking for on a TV commerical for a Ford F150, showing all the things you do with a tuff truck. It was the exact same thing, aluminum uprights, sitting on the rails, with a padded cross bar that's up level with the roof of the truck.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #4
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I'm guessing you're looking for the Thule Xsporter

http://www.autoanything.com/truck-ra...3-001b2166becc
Old 02-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
SurfSnow is on a distinguished road

SurfSnow's Tacoma Gallery
Xsporter is the rack. If you have a short bed, they will no go down all the way (hit the wheel wells) If you have a long bed they will go below cab height you just have to do some notching to get around that little step in the bed.

Nice racks tho. I was pleased with mine.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #6
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfSnow View Post
Xsporter is the rack. If you have a short bed, they will no go down all the way (hit the wheel wells) If you have a long bed they will go below cab height you just have to do some notching to get around that little step in the bed.

Nice racks tho. I was pleased with mine.
This. I cut mine for my long bed. Check out page 2 in my gallery if you want to see a pic
Old 02-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #7
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Thule sells attathments so you can use the factory bed rails to secure the racks
Old 02-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #9
Zoltan's Tacoma Gallery
Thule Rack

Yep, that is the one. Thanks.

Ultimately what I'm trying to accomplish is an automatic boat loading system. Check out this video: http://www.4boysmfg.com/product/loaders/videos.html

They sell them in sections and I thought the Thule might be a good base system, but it won't allow for a camper shell. Haven't decided if I want a camper shell but I think I'm going to keep that option open.

Thanks for the info on the Thule rack.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
Yep, that is the one. Thanks.

Ultimately what I'm trying to accomplish is an automatic boat loading system. Check out this video: http://www.4boysmfg.com/product/loaders/videos.html

They sell them in sections and I thought the Thule might be a good base system, but it won't allow for a camper shell. Haven't decided if I want a camper shell but I think I'm going to keep that option open.

Thanks for the info on the Thule rack.
Thats actually pretty cool.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #11
SurfSnow is on a distinguished road

SurfSnow's Tacoma Gallery
That is pretty cool. If anyone has the xsporter I have one that is notched for thr longbed. Can go above cab and below cab with no issues. Looking for non notched uprights as i traded to a tundra and no longer need the cuts.

Products Discussed in this Thread