Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Looking for roll bar - suggestions

Old 03-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
BajaColorado is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
BajaColorado's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for roll bar - suggestions

I have a 2013 tacoma baja edition 4 door and am looking for a roll bar -maybe with lights - maybe not in black to go with my westin grill guard. Suggestions?
Old 03-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
vette6991 will become famous soon enough

vette6991's Tacoma Gallery
Pics of your truck?
Old 03-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
Get a double hoop one
Old 03-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
vette6991 will become famous soon enough

vette6991's Tacoma Gallery
^x2 they are the best looking
Old 03-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #5
Pics & Roll Bar...

I only have a couple pics of her so far at dealership. I'll get more this weekend after my grill guard is installed. I put running boards and the roof rack on a couple days ago and she's getting tinted today.

Gonna look awesome!

Stay tuned.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for roll bar - suggestions-tacoma-baja-1.jpg   Looking for roll bar - suggestions-tacoma-baja-2.jpg  
Old 03-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #7
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
I think that the OP is looking for a light bar or a bed bar, not something offering actual rollover protection.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
If you want a REAL rollbar - one that'll be structurally capable to support the weight in a rollover..... Have it custom made and attached to the frame.

Just sayin.....
x2. Otherwise it'll be just like that damage multiplier you have hanging off your front end meaning it'll look nice but will not provide any protection.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #9
Thanks for all the input! Want it to look good and be solid.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #10
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Solid for what? To hold lights or are you looking for protection? Neither the bed bar or the bull bar will offer any protection.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #11
Want it to provide protection too. So I'm getting it has to be custom into the frame. Otherwise primarily for looks.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #12
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaColorado View Post
Want it to provide protection too. So I'm getting it has to be custom into the frame. Otherwise primarily for looks.
When you do put up some pics, sounds badass.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #13
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
please dont ruin that truck with a grill guard, or a rollbar...
Old 03-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
please dont ruin that truck with a grill guard, or a rollbar...
Nice truck!!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #15
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
When you do put up some pics, sounds badass.
Thanks Large! I think it'll look sick. Plus I'll be able to hit cattle without scratching my paint!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #16
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks Large! I think it'll look sick. Plus I'll be able to hit cattle without scratching my paint!
Not with a bull bar you wont... Buy a bumper
Old 03-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #17
Almost there

Okay, grill guard installed and ready to go. All I need is a bed bar if I can find one I like enough...and maybe lights on the grill guard!

Thanks all for your input.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for roll bar - suggestions-baja-grill-head-.jpg   Looking for roll bar - suggestions-baja-full.jpg  
Old 03-27-2013, 04:48 AM   #18
nathan3306 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AMMO
Name: Nathan
nathan3306's Tacoma Gallery
Man that brush guard look really good on the 12+ fronts.

Have you thought about maybe putting some lights on the roof rack instead of a bed roll bar?
Old 03-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #19
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Okay, grill guard installed and ready to go. All I need is a bed bar if I can find one I like enough...and maybe lights on the grill guard!

Thanks all for your input.
What brush guard is that? Where did u get it? It looks awesome
Old 03-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtacoma88 View Post
What brush guard is that? Where did u get it? It looks awesome
The brush guard is a Westin...I got it at Five R Trucks here in Colorado. I can get you the details on it if you wish.