Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

**WET OKOLE GB 2013 Install Pictures**

Old 04-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #61
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Arm rest up:

Armrest down:

Old 04-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #62
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I do wish I had gotten charcoal, It most likely would have matched the interior better. It is too late to change that though. Another bad thing about the light gray suckers is that they're dirt magnets!
Will the covers "settle" in, because they form like a pocket of air underneath them if your not sitting on them.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #63
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
I do wish I had gotten charcoal, It most likely would have matched the interior better. It is too late to change that though. Another bad thing about the light gray suckers is that they're dirt magnets!
Will the covers "settle" in, because they form like a pocket of air underneath them if your not sitting on them.
looks really clean tho
Old 04-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #64
shoc08 has a spectacular aura aboutshoc08 has a spectacular aura about
shoc08's Tacoma Gallery
That's light grey with charcoal piping, right? I got the exact same with the Tacoma logo too for my '04. I was torn between going with light grey or charcoal so I had them send swatches. The light grey seemed to match well with the current seat fabric and the charcoal matched the dash and carpet. Mine haven't arrived yet so I'll have to wait and see if I made the right choice.

Yours look good though. The light grey almost looks like a nice leather.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #65
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post

I'm kind of in the same boat. The light gray looks good but those sections of my seats do attract stains easily. Like I mentioned earlier - they all come out without too much trouble but they do get dirty quickly. GLW Seats.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #66
DunhamAll is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
DunhamAll's Tacoma Gallery
Here are mine. I may need to snug them up a little bit, I did not take the seats out to install and probably will at some point in order to get the fit perfect.

Here is a comparison pic with the driver's side installed and passenger side and rear stock.

Then 1 hour + later:

Here is the back. I did not install the backrests. I'm not sure if they sent me the right size nor am I too sure how to install if it is the right piece. I think I'm happy as they are currently.

I did BHLM afterwards because it goes with the Wet Okoles so well.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #67
DMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to behold
DMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post

I have 2 more to upload but I only got these 3 uploaded and the last 2, when I upload them it just stays on the load screen. Tried multiple times and this isn't the first time this has happened. It's very annoying! Also, the covers aren't dirty, thats just where the sun is shining through the trees.

Here are the other 2

Your covers came out nice...but FYI...I think you may have all of your headrest covers on backwards. If you take a look at the cover, the thick finished seam is what should show from the front of the headrest, from your pics...it looks like they all show on the back side of your headrests, including the rear...except for your driver's headrest that's on backwards!

Another tip...the holes where the headrests insert into the seat, tuck the edges of the Wet Okole fabric under the little plastic pieces that the headrest spikes insert into. Fiddle with it a little, you'll see what I mean. It'll look more finished.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #68
Can't spell class without...
JT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Since 2009.
Name: JT
JT Class's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
ha Next GB will be in the fall So in other words it's gonna be a loooong summer
Sweet! I had to drop out of this one, because of well...billies, pro comp 7031's and new grabbers. Will you be doing the next one OP? Anywhere we can sub now for easier reference??

P.S: Those black and green covers look sick!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #69
Marcs2012 is on a distinguished road

Marcs2012's Tacoma Gallery
I live in hawaii and they have a store here went in and ask to see how much the covers would cost girl gave me a quote for front and back with piping for 550.00 and 40.00 extra for TRD logo and another 40.00 for console cover. how much did you guys pay for a 2012 taco or 2013 as the seats are the same looking for how much this discount makes a difference
Old 04-07-2013, 04:10 AM   #70
Can't spell class without...
JT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Since 2009.
Name: JT
JT Class's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcs2012 View Post
I live in hawaii and they have a store here went in and ask to see how much the covers would cost girl gave me a quote for front and back with piping for 550.00 and 40.00 extra for TRD logo and another 40.00 for console cover. how much did you guys pay for a 2012 taco or 2013 as the seats are the same looking for how much this discount makes a difference
20% off
Old 04-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #71
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine. Just got the arm rests done.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #72
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS View Post
Your covers came out nice...but FYI...I think you may have all of your headrest covers on backwards. If you take a look at the cover, the thick finished seam is what should show from the front of the headrest, from your pics...it looks like they all show on the back side of your headrests, including the rear...except for your driver's headrest that's on backwards!

Another tip...the holes where the headrests insert into the seat, tuck the edges of the Wet Okole fabric under the little plastic pieces that the headrest spikes insert into. Fiddle with it a little, you'll see what I mean. It'll look more finished.
Only the driver side headrest is on backwards...oops, lol. As for the head rest slots, one on the backseat head rest came off when I took off the headrest. Was probably like that when I got it since it was used, but I keep all of my headrest down all the way so it doesn't bother me much. Thanks for the tips though! I may take the back seats out again and tug on them some more.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #73
got 5VZFE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
Lookin good
Old 04-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #74
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You do the door panels yourself?
Old 04-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #75
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
You do the door panels yourself?
Thanks, yeah it was very easy. I think it took me 20min per arm rest total.

Drill out the arm rest. Pull off the oem material cut fabric to match. 3m spray adhesive. Work material from the center out (very easy to work with compared to vinyl). Screw arm rest back in with washer and short metal screws.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #76

Air Force:
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks, yeah it was very easy. I think it took me 20min per arm rest total.

Drill out the arm rest. Pull off the oem material cut fabric to match. 3m spray adhesive. Work material from the center out (very easy to work with compared to vinyl). Screw arm rest back in with washer and short metal screws.
Right on! I know there is a member on here who tried and it cost him $1600 because it ruined his door panels, just don't wanna make that mistake lol. Did you leave any stock fabric on the armrest or just take it down to the plastic? You should make a write up
Old 04-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #77
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
got rears to match fronts from the previous gb:

one front in:
Old 04-08-2013, 03:01 AM   #78
DMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to behold
DMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Only the driver side headrest is on backwards...oops, lol.
I meant that the covers are all on backwards on your headrests.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #79

Quote:
Right on! I know there is a member on here who tried and it cost him $1600 because it ruined his door panels, just don't wanna make that mistake lol. Did you leave any stock fabric on the armrest or just take it down to the plastic? You should make a write up
I should've snapped pics along the way. I took it down to the plastic, sprayed the plastic with adhesive and the material waited five minutes and wrapped. The only way to ruin them would be to over drill the armrest, or use too long of a screw that will pop out the other side.

The seats are sweet BTW. Truck looks so much better.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #80
eazytaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Trey
eazytaco's Tacoma Gallery
@marcs2012- i got full piping with trd logo's and shipping to oahu and i paid $527. This group buy was the sh!t! I still haven't received mine yet though.