Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

**WET OKOLE GB 2013 Install Pictures**

Old 04-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #101
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered mine the last day. Got them in today. Install wasn't too bad. Didn't see a need to remove the seat at all.

Couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the top part of the rear "seat" out. So still have that part to install.

I was worried about the black with the blue/gray interior. In person it looks good. Pretty happy
Old 04-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #102
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
Ordered mine the last day. Got them in today. Install wasn't too bad. Didn't see a need to remove the seat at all.

Couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the top part of the rear "seat" out. So still have that part to install.

I was worried about the black with the blue/gray interior. In person it looks good. Pretty happy
Very nice, it looks great. I have two questions though.

Did you get the passenger cover snug by the door, how?
And did you get the part snug where the bottom of the driver seat and bench join/ form an inward curve? How?
Old 04-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #103
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
Very nice, it looks great. I have two questions though.

Did you get the passenger cover snug by the door, how?
And did you get the part snug where the bottom of the driver seat and bench join/ form an inward curve? How?
I believe the passenger side is snug. Did you tuck it into the plastic and route the snap through the plastic. It was a tight squeeze, but I feel it helped tighten it up.

The inward curve isn't 100% tight. It doesn't look like it's hanging or bunched up. It just appears they didn't cut the fabric back enough, so the inward curve is kind of hollow.

The place I couldn't get to hug is in the arm rest cubby. There's no attachment points, and the cloth is suppose to just kind of sit in there, but it's not firm enough to hold the form, and kind of sits loose.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #104
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
I believe the passenger side is snug. Did you tuck it into the plastic and route the snap through the plastic. It was a tight squeeze, but I feel it helped tighten it up.

The inward curve isn't 100% tight. It doesn't look like it's hanging or bunched up. It just appears they didn't cut the fabric back enough, so the inward curve is kind of hollow.

The place I couldn't get to hug is in the arm rest cubby. There's no attachment points, and the cloth is suppose to just kind of sit in there, but it's not firm enough to hold the form, and kind of sits loose.
I need to fix my passenger side just a bit. The inward curve is kinda hollow on mine too. For the arm rest cubby the fabric is cut right, it is just not held in place by anything. I have to hold onto the edge of the seat cover when I fold my armrest up, I just pull on it a little because it is a tight squeeze.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #105
I am lost on what to do.
shrek is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
shrek's Tacoma Gallery
I have posted pics of mine back on page 1 of this thread. I do have a question about the console cover. Does the strap go in the back or the front? It seems like mine doesn't fit quite right either way I put it on. I still see part of the strap on the left side because of the push button to open the console. Other then that they look great, can't wait for the smell to go away though.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #106
DSB4UA is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
DSB4UA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek View Post
I have posted pics of mine back on page 1 of this thread. I do have a question about the console cover. Does the strap go in the back or the front? It seems like mine doesn't fit quite right either way I put it on. I still see part of the strap on the left side because of the push button to open the console. Other then that they look great, can't wait for the smell to go away though.
Same goes for me, page 2. I have the same issue with the console cover...anybody have any suggestions?
Old 04-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #107

Did you guys go ahead and spray the covers with the protectant?
Old 04-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #108
2012tacolover will become famous soon enough2012tacolover will become famous soon enough

Name: Norm
2012tacolover's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
here's mine finally...

What Color Combo is this? Looks great!!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #109
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012tacolover View Post
What Color Combo is this? Looks great!!
Thx. That's the black/light gray color scheme.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #110
2012tacolover will become famous soon enough2012tacolover will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thx. That's the black/light gray color scheme.
You are very welcome and thank you, that is what I want to go with, but missed the GB so Need to wait till next year, that looks sweet! It's hard to tell on the site what it's going to look like, your photo made up my mind, thanks again!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #111
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You are very welcome and thank you, that is what I want to go with, but missed the GB so Need to wait till next year, that looks sweet! It's hard to tell on the site what it's going to look like, your photo made up my mind, thanks again!
Should be another in the fall.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #112

Quote:
Should be another in the fall.
I hope to get in on that one, or bite the bullet and pay full price....
Old 04-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #113
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSB4UA View Post
Same goes for me, page 2. I have the same issue with the console cover...anybody have any suggestions?
My console cover that came with my order doesn't have a strap.
The one I had in my 2006 did & would interfere with push button of the console like you guys mentioned.
Anyway I thought it was weird at first but installed it like a bonnet.
It worked better than my last one with a strap. Why two different versions of the console cover?

Quote:
I hope to get in on that one, or bite the bullet and pay full price....
You can always order through auto anything & save 15% free ship.
After getting you order confirmed you can call wet okole & add a seat emblem or piping stuff you can't do through auto anything's online choices.
I have done that in the past when I had missed a group buy.

OT - I got my covers on Friday installed today.
I had placed my order a day late probably one of the last to order, Wet Okole still let me place it
Just basic black on black with seat pockets.
The seats are comfy now, no more mesh & side scrunching.
The 2013 factory seat design/seat foam is lame & breaks down very easily on the side.
I hope the covers help.
Will post pics tomorrow...but am sure you all know what they look like by now.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #114
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J11Tac View Post
How long do the seat covers typically last?
The ones I had in my 2006 looked ok after 5 yrs...I sold here when traded the truck in.
They had no piping though fwiw, a little bit of uv fade in places.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:10 AM   #115
Teeps1206 is a glorious beacon of lightTeeps1206 is a glorious beacon of lightTeeps1206 is a glorious beacon of lightTeeps1206 is a glorious beacon of lightTeeps1206 is a glorious beacon of light
Navy: Aviation Electronics Technician 2nd Class
Name: Mike
Teeps1206's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't know if you have the same style console cover that I was sent but mine is like a matress sheet in a way and has an elastic band all the way sewn around. What I did was unscrewed the plastic plate on the bottom of the console lid and carefully tucked it between the lid and that plate. It was difficult to get the screws back in having to push the cover aside at screw spots but it really made the console cover fit great. If I remember I will try and take some pics and post them.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
My console cover that came with my order doesn't have a strap.
The one I had in my 2006 did & would interfere with push button of the console like you guys mentioned.
Anyway I thought it was weird at first but installed it like a bonnet.
It worked better than my last one with a strap. Why two different versions of the console cover?

You can always order through auto anything & save 15% free ship.
After getting you order confirmed you can call wet okole & add a seat emblem or piping stuff you can't do through auto anything's online choices.
I have done that in the past when I had missed a group buy.

OT - I got my covers on Friday installed today.
I had placed my order a day late probably one of the last to order, Wet Okole still let me place it
Just basic black on black with seat pockets.
The seats are comfy now, no more mesh & side scrunching.
The 2013 factory seat design/seat foam is lame & breaks down very easily on the side.
I hope the covers help.
Will post pics tomorrow...but am sure you all know what they look like by now.
Thank you I will look into doing that!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #117
I'd rather be fishing..
SWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: james
SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
Got them yesterday and installed after work not hard at all took out front seats to do so and rear seat was a breeze Thanks again op for making this happen!

Old 04-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #118
I'd rather be fishing..
SWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: james
SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps1206 View Post
Don't know if you have the same style console cover that I was sent but mine is like a matress sheet in a way and has an elastic band all the way sewn around. What I did was unscrewed the plastic plate on the bottom of the console lid and carefully tucked it between the lid and that plate. It was difficult to get the screws back in having to push the cover aside at screw spots but it really made the console cover fit great. If I remember I will try and take some pics and post them.
I did the same pain in the ass in the dark but worth the time
Old 04-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #119
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCB View Post
Got them yesterday and installed after work not hard at all took out front seats to do so and rear seat was a breeze Thanks again op for making this happen!

Those look great! I like how the red pops
Old 04-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #120
Ralston is on a distinguished road

Name: Al
Ralston's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down

ordered on last day of gb, arrived today!!!

i was so excited when i saw that the tracking info said they'd arrive today. first i cleaned the garage so i could fit the taco inside (mad snow). then i disconnected the battery, removed both front seats, and detailed the entire interior. i brought the seats inside the house to clean, and ups knocked on the door. o boy, was i pumped. i opened the box, double checked my order confirmation with the packing slip and began to lay out the new skins. wtf, only one seat heater? and it's on the passenger side? sweet. it was too late to call them...

guess i'll just put the seats back in so i can get to work, and see what they say...

anybody have experience with them "fixing" their mistakes?