1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

**WET OKOLE GB 2013 Install Pictures**

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by J88logue, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Apr 16, 2013 at 9:22 PM
    SWCB

SWCB I'd rather be fishing..

Member:
    First Name:
    james
    The Bayou, AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    Debadged Future mods OME or FOX lift TRD CAI TRD exhaust TRD super charger Homer taco satoshi!!
    Appreatiate it man!! Bery happy with them only thing i wish i wouldnt have got was the gun tote it is worthless but other than that it is sharp, great fit, a damn comfortable too. Gonna have to paint the rings around the odometer, door speakers, and other thangs then itll be up to your level. How hard is that to do by the way disassembly and all?

2. Apr 17, 2013 at 3:30 AM
    Fiend13

Fiend13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    It isn't that hard, just takes a bit the first time around taking it all out. The tweeter rings are a pain because you have to removed the entire door panel, it's 2 screws (one by the lock and one by the grab handle), after that just pop it off starting at the bottom and work your way up. With the odometer rings, remove the kick panel and behind it up top is a 10mm bolt, there are 2 plastic screws at the top of the odometer (be careful, those break easily) after those 3 pieces of hardware are removed stare popping it off by the kick panel just enough to disconnect you switches (fog lights, locker, etc) then work your way around slowly popping the tabs out. Make sure you steering wheel is lowered to give you more room to work with. There are a few threads out there on this so you can use those as reference as well.If you have anymore questions just hit me up.

3. Apr 17, 2013 at 5:15 AM
    SWCB

Member:
    First Name:
    james
    The Bayou, AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    Debadged Future mods OME or FOX lift TRD CAI TRD exhaust TRD super charger Homer taco satoshi!!
    Thanks man really appreciate it! ill try to give it a shot this weekend if it ant raining

4. Apr 17, 2013 at 6:22 PM
    OldDog

OldDog Well-Known Member

Member:
    w.mass
    Vehicle:
    2010 reg cab 4X4
    THEY FIT LIKE A GLOVE - Installed them today. would have been much easier if I took the seat out . Not a great Pic... I used my phone

130417_0000.jpg

5. Apr 17, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    DMS

DMS Well-Known Member

Member:
    HI
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DCSB TRD Sport
    Damn that looks hot with the red piping!!! But you guys are driving me nuts! :goingcrazy: with your backwards headrest covers! If you look at your first pic...your front seat headrest cover...the thick seam at the bottom of the headrest that's facing the rear...should be facing the front!...I dunno...maybe it fit better backwards? ....sorry...my OCD is getting the best of me! :D

6. Apr 17, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    SWCB

Member:
    First Name:
    james
    The Bayou, AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    Hmmm i woulda never known i thought it looked smoother the other way haha ill check it out tomorrow was gonna ask for a pic showing correctness vs what i have but i can cycle through the thread :rolleyes:

7. Apr 17, 2013 at 8:13 PM
    Fiend13

Fiend13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    I just thought that the thick seem went towards the back so it doesn't show when you look at the seat head on. I did the same thing with my driver side headrest, you look at the front and the thick seam sticks out so I turned it around.

8. Apr 17, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    jimbo808

jimbo808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kapolei, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport 4x4
    Debadged, Mbrp cat back turn down, Afe drop in filter, Icon extended travel, Light Racing ucas, Dakars, Icon 2.0 vs monotubes, 285/70r17 goodyear kevlar Mtrs, Morimoto Minis D2S' bhlm with blacked out bowls, Bamf Sliders, pelfrey single hoop front bumper, smittybilt X20 10k, pelfrey ifs skid, pelfrey trans skid, all pro rear with side plates, sway bar removed, front superbumps, Avec 20 inch light bar, rigid flood fogs
    got mines in

IMG_7723.jpg

9. Apr 18, 2013 at 12:35 AM
    DMS

DMS Well-Known Member

Member:
    HI
    Vehicle:
    '11 MGM DCSB TRD Sport
    I know what you mean...but I think the seam was meant to make it look more finished. If it looks good to you...that's all that really matters!

And the headrest covers are installed the right way!!!...looks good!!!

10. Apr 18, 2013 at 10:44 AM
    OrlPreds

OrlPreds Mustard Tiger

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    State College
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCSB Sport
    These look very nice. I intend to get in on the next group buy. Keep the pics rolling

11. Apr 18, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    SWCB

Member:
    First Name:
    james
    The Bayou, AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    Must be somethan in the Alabama water I believed the same thang:cool:

12. Apr 18, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    05-08 problems...

13. Apr 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    SWCB

Member:
    First Name:
    james
    The Bayou, AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    :rolleyes:

14. Apr 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM
    Nirvana

Nirvana Tesla Auto

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Morgan Hill, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, American Auto Horns ACDF, Pelfrey Bussman mount+Sandman bussman fuse block (soon), 255/75R16s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    FINALLY they are at the WO store in Honolulu now I just need to get my wife down there so they can install them. Looking forward to seeing them in a few months!

Less than stellar follow up service but with a 200+ group buy I guess it's bound to happen.

15. Apr 20, 2013 at 5:07 PM
    DCLB13

DCLB13 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabriel
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB TRD Sport
    N-FAB drop steps, 35% Front Tint, 15% Rear Tint.
    Bar Red DCLB '13 TRD SPORT

Red half piping with gun totes and back pockets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Covered arm rest with extra material from Okole. I have extra black and red armrest material if anyone wants to pay me for it. PM me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  16. Apr 22, 2013 at 4:02 AM
    Geem750

Geem750 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Okanagan, BC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB
    Grillcraft grill, ultimate toytek 3" lift, shorty antenna, blacked out badges, rear diff breather, Kenwood 6990 HU, wet okoles, weather techs, extra D-rings, Cruisin offroad bolt on sliders, Treklights 18" LED bar
    finally got them saturday and found time for install sunday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Apr 22, 2013 at 5:13 AM
    disc0monkey

disc0monkey All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!

Member:

18. Apr 23, 2013 at 6:15 PM
    7six2Fan

7six2Fan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Sport DC LB
    Got mine delivered yesterday. They were supposed to be here on Friday, but were delayed due to inclement weather. I have mixed emotions about these covers, so here's my little review.

Out of the box, they look great. The smell wasn't that bad to me, as some people reported. I installed them today, total time took 2.5 hours. I highly recommend taking the seats out, I don't really see how you could strap them in tightly without doing so.

I started with the front seats, but if I knew better I would have started with the back. They are easier to install, and it gives you a little practice stretching the material and all that.

The rear seats fit very snugly, I am super impressed. The front seats are a little looser, I was slightly disappointed. Not sure if it's just my OCD talking, because I do understand that something aftermarket that is as detailed as these can only fit so tightly. The inside of each of the front seats is pretty loose. I took off the plastic trim and tucked it, and it's still loose. You can't really tell since they sit so tight to the console, so not a big deal, but I was a little put off. Once everything was fit snug, you could tell that they just weren't contoured properly to the seat.

The slit on the side for my airbags leaves a little to be desired. The slit is super loose, and hangs open. I don't know if that is required for the airbag to deploy properly, but it looks a little stupid. One thing to be noted about this as well... If you look at the picture, you will see the overlap of fabric at the top and bottom of the slit- the front overlaps the rear, wouldn't you think it would be the other way around, because the airbag deploys forward?

Overall, I am happy with them. I didn't realize the amount of padding on the underside, and I was pleasantly surprised with how much more comfortable these seem than the OEM set up. I'm curious as to the levels of swamp ass I will get when it's 100 degrees out. The finished product came out pretty nice, I am defnitely a fan! Pics below.

seat1.jpg
    seat4.jpg
    seat5.jpg
    seat3.jpg
    seat2.jpg

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  19. Apr 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM
    DSB4UA

DSB4UA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    SSM PreRunner 2nd gen 4.0L
    You and me both. It hasn't warmed up too too much yet, but so far the days that it has been toasty, I've been pretty pleased. They definitely tend to warm up, but the swamp ass has yet to get me. The covers say 'keep you warm in the winter, cool in teh summer'...but I've heard a lot of guys say they got swamp ass pretty quick... Then again, I'll probably be eating my words come another month or two when its 100.

20. Apr 25, 2013 at 7:34 PM
    TheGuy

TheGuy New Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    '13 DC TRD Off Road 4x4
    After reading all the posts I was dreading the install. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. I didn't have to remove a single bolt or screw, let alone a seat, front or back. Granted, a macaque would have been helpful but not necessary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top