Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Priority Start?

Old 03-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
JMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jack
JMaberry's Tacoma Gallery
Priority Start?

http://www.prioritystart.com/
Anyone have any experience with these? It hooks into your battery, and cuts it off when there's just enough power left to start it up again. I do a fair amount of tailgating with the stereo going but the engine off, so I'm thinking this might work well to save the battery rather than randomly guessing when to turn the truck on every once in a while.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
Wizard Sleeve Master
Amo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Amo-cat3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaberry View Post
http://www.prioritystart.com/
Anyone have any experience with these? It hooks into your battery, and cuts it off when there's just enough power left to start it up again. I do a fair amount of tailgating with the stereo going but the engine off, so I'm thinking this might work well to save the battery rather than randomly guessing when to turn the truck on every once in a while.
Looks to be a promising product.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Bumping an old thread, but I used to install them often. I worked for a shop that builds wheelchair accessable vans. Oftentimes, those vans are driven only to take someone to the doctor every week or two. Combine that low usage with added electronics, and sometimes car alarms, and the battery would die within two weeks or so. The Priority Start worked as advertised, never had a problem with one in our application.