Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

a good but inexpensive 3" lift for a 2013 ??

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
steeds is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
a good but inexpensive 3" lift for a 2013 ??

ok just got a 2013 access cab taco.
looking to give it a small suspension lift and looked at the 3" lifts.

im not going to replace coils or anything just the 3" spacer and what ever in the back to level it.

i had the revtech spacer in my old 2006 tacoma and no issues or anything but was wondering what else might be out there ?

the procomp 3" i was quoted parts/install for 1050.00(cdn) and looked at a couple reviews here and people are not too keen of it. but the price seems right for me.haha

i dont want to cheap out by all means, but i dont want to spend alot neither. any input guys ? sooner the better because im going to get one soon.
so if you can just comment a company and maybe a good/bad opinion or experience it would help out alot ! thanks.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
A) Search

B) look in suspension section

C) Don't go full 3 because you'll need new UCA's. Get Bilstein 5100 adjustable front shocks and seet the front at 2.5". As for the back, blocks are cheaper...but I'd go with an add a leaf...
Old 03-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Some dont agree but I say go for the 3" pro comp. Thats what im getting, ive ridden in many friends Tacoma's that have it! They all love it and I think it performs great.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #4

steeds's Tacoma Gallery
as redtacoma88 sent me a link, any input on others who are more experienced then me ? haha

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...t_pn=EXPK5075B
Old 03-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #5
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Pro comp is very stiff, it uses 700 lb coils. Go with old man emu, 590 lb coils.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #6

steeds's Tacoma Gallery
i didn't mind a stiff ride before ..i rather a stiff ride over the soft stock suspension haha as weird as that is.

but not sure what you mean with the 700 lbs to 590 lb coils.
sorry im a total noob with this shit..yep sorry another guy who knows nothing posting..i know i know. haha
Old 03-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #9

steeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Budget ?
well i dont want what everyone wants..to get a good product but not spend alot of money :P haha
but realistically around 1000-1500 ? dont want to spend too much. i'll have it on a 3" lift and 33" wheels for afew years then when i get another car to put around on i'll upgrade from there. so what my plans were with the truck.

cause being my only ride and my work being 30kms one way...so 60kms a day sucks big time especially if i go bigger and spend more.

but yea toyota said they can put a pro comp lift on for 1050.00 after install price. but i dont think that involves spings/coils..just a block or spacer. im going to call and double check tomorrow
Old 03-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #10
Osugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Osugoose's Tacoma Gallery
What are your anticipated driving conditions?
In-town? Highway? Gravel? Off-road?

What's your technical level? there is money to be saved if you can do this yourself.

5100s can be had for $350ish (all four corners) and could be used with the stock springs
OME 884/885 are the softest aftermarket coil upgrades from stock
an add a leaf $100ish or 3 leaf add a leaf $200ish for the rear.

Don't forget to factor in an alignment and other misc.

just food for thought
Old 03-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #11

steeds's Tacoma Gallery
yea it will just be mostly city/hwy driving..and the odd time of mellow 4x4ing.
so not too much of it. thats why i was thinking just the spacers will be fine.
and yea i wouldn't be able to do it by myself ..nor is my garage built yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osugoose View Post
What are your anticipated driving conditions?
In-town? Highway? Gravel? Off-road?

What's your technical level? there is money to be saved if you can do this yourself.

5100s can be had for $350ish (all four corners) and could be used with the stock springs
OME 884/885 are the softest aftermarket coil upgrades from stock
an add a leaf $100ish or 3 leaf add a leaf $200ish for the rear.

Don't forget to factor in an alignment and other misc.

just food for thought
Old 03-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #12
cbe513 is on a distinguished road

Name: Cory
cbe513's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtacoma88 View Post
Some dont agree but I say go for the 3" pro comp. Thats what im getting, ive ridden in many friends Tacoma's that have it! They all love it and I think it performs great.
I have the pro comp 3". I love it and the ride.
Attached Thumbnails
a good but inexpensive 3" lift for a 2013 ??-2013-02-16-14.00.52.jpg  
Old 03-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #13
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeds View Post
yea it will just be mostly city/hwy driving..and the odd time of mellow 4x4ing.
so not too much of it. thats why i was thinking just the spacers will be fine.
and yea i wouldn't be able to do it by myself ..nor is my garage built yet
Sounds like you need some 5100s with stock coils

Products Discussed in this Thread