Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

2nd Gen Aftermarket Air Intake 4.0L

Old 03-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
2nd Gen Aftermarket Air Intake 4.0L

I am interested in getting an aftermarket intake to get some more power and hopefully better fuel economy. I know a lot of it depends on your foot, but I have been told that the intake can help improve mileage. Is this true? And if so, which brands should I look at? I have heard about AFE, K&N, Volant; are there any other good ones out there?
Old 03-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
willee51 is on a distinguished road

Navy: 2nd Class PO
willee51's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Save .....

Save your money, it's all HYPE!
Old 03-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Will not give you better fuel economy IMO.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
It probably does increase your HP, but not noticeably, if you have a after market exhaust it will be louder. Also It will not filter the air coming in as good as your stock setup. That to me is not worth it.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #9
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
The URD or the AFE Stage 2si (1st generation TRD intake with the cone filter) are the only ones worth a damn IMO. URD need to watch out for water exposure as it is in front of the grill