Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Third Break Light - LED Lights Review

Old 03-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #21
El' Capi-Tan
resq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to behold

EMS: Giles Rescue
Name: Josh
resq330's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post

Yeah, it is the daytime part that I am bumbed about. I am not an LED expert and just a guy looking to improve his truck. I didn't know that LEDs suck during the day and prior to purchasing my LED's I asked what the drawbacks were and if they were brighter (in the LED thread). There were no drawbacks brought up and I was told they are brighter.
Yes, LED's are not as bright in the day time. LEO run them now and surely don't show up as well during the day. Now at night....good grief! Too bright almost!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #22
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Wrong, you're the one out of line . Most people should see what your true intention is here Mr. Marketing Director . Keep your pathetic reviews to yelp .
I spend $60 on DTRL for my truck and they don't fit? Yeah I am pissed and want to make sure it is clear what my issues are with the products. Because I am not using those I don't want the rear turn signals either. I am OCD about weird shit and I will not have LED turns out back and not up front. Which is another $60 in product I am not going to use. $120 worth of product I just bought that I don't want anymore. I was going to write the reviews anyway. I am not aloud to return them so I want to make sure anyone that orders his products knows what they are getting. He has hardly any information about them.

Am I frustrated? yes
Could I have learned more about the LED's before I bought them? Yes
Am I reviewing them negatively because of Chris? No

Gelo just chill I am writing these based on facts. If I wasn't frustrated I would leave the negative facts out and only look at the positives. All your antagonistic remarks are doing is making sure that this post is viewed by more people. Thanks for the free bumps.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #23
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by resq330 View Post
Chris is a great guy to deal with....I think if you would have contacted him prior to bashing his product then he would have gladly helped you out. I ordered some dome lights from him and send him a PM and told him that one wasn't working. He gave me his number and I gave him a call because he had some questions to ask me. After a couple tweaks to the bulb it ended up working and stayed working just fine. He had told me he would gladly send me a replacement if this one didn't work.

I did my only options was send modify the lights by cutting some of the plastic to fit or return them and pay a 30% restocking fee. There is something about modifying the light and jamming it in a light socket that makes me uncomfortable. Plus he said if I cut too much the light wont stick anymore and it will be a garbage. I don't want to waste $30+ dollars on a restocking fee or waste $60 on LED's if I accidentally cut too much.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #24
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: TW certified keyboard mechanic
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
I purchased all my led,s from Chris for my 2010 . I am happy with everything so far and have been fighting with my stealership for new headlights due to " DTRL burn in " so I havnt installed the LED,s and resistors yet for the front dtrl .
In his posts , Chris was going to make a video how to install the front daytime running lights and properly mount the resistors . I am still waiting for the video mind you . The resistors came with a blurred picture of how the wires are suppose to be connected , no wiring diagram or stainless screws to mount the resistors .
People that see my reverse lights cant beleive how bright they are .
My third brake light seems much brighter than stock
The amber parking lights up front are not as bright but who cares , they still work well .The shifter light made a huge difference .
Guess i purchased the rear leds for nothing as my factory tail lights are already LED .
Anyone wanna buy the rear led,s with the resistors lol
Old 03-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #25
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearcruncher View Post
I purchased all my led,s from Chris for my 2010 . I am happy with everything so far and have been fighting with my stealership for new headlights due to " DTRL burn in " so I havnt installed the LED,s and resistors yet for the front dtrl .
In his posts , Chris was going to make a video how to install the front daytime running lights and properly mount the resistors . I am still waiting for the video mind you . The resistors came with a blurred picture of how the wires are suppose to be connected , no wiring diagram or stainless screws to mount the resistors .
The amber parking lights up front are not as bright but who cares , they still work well .The shifter light made a huge difference .
Guess i purchased the rear leds for nothing as my factory tail lights are already LED .
The only thing that came stock LED in those housings were the brake lights. The turn signals shouldnt have been LED.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #26
STRIKER TRD
akaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
akaryanreynolds's Tacoma Gallery
Just saying bought these for $6.99 and they work well for:

Map lights x2
License plate lights x2
3rd brake light x3
Front parking lights x2

and had

11 extra to give to friends

Had to wait 2 weeks but who cares they work for all the wedge bulbs in the Tacoma listed above

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20X-HOT-Car-...item257b411328
Old 03-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #27
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearcruncher View Post

Chris definitely is willing to go above on beyond as far as installation goes. He also will replace anything against a manufactures defect. Which is great. He is not a bad guy at all.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #28
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaryanreynolds View Post
Just saying bought these for $6.99 and they work well for:

Map lights x2
License plate lights x2
3rd brake light x3
Front parking lights x2

and had

11 extra to give to friends

Had to wait 2 weeks but who cares they work for all the wedge bulbs in the Tacoma listed above

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20X-HOT-Car-...item257b411328
Holy crap did I pay too much! I wanted to help out someone on the forum out and have someone that I could reach out to with any issues.

I paid:
$25 - 2 maps and 1 dome white
$15 - Parking lights Amber pair
$22 - Third Break Light
$15 - License plate lights White
$10 - Shipping

$87 on the lights that I am not impressed with.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #29
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Whats a break light?
I know what a brake light is
Sorry OP, couldnt resist.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #30
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
Whats a break light?
I know what a brake light is
Sorry OP, couldnt resist.
haha yeah unfortunately my OCD has nothing to do with spelling or grammar! lol I wish I could change the title!
Old 03-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #31
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
I been happy with everything that I purchased from Chris, he got me a great deal on some Rigid Dually's and he did a super clean job installing them and he also delivered and installed all my interior LEDs

Old 03-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #32
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Not be a DB or anything. But your lights look good to me. I have the same setup as you do as well. I can't complain.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post6611969
Old 03-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #33
Thinking of something clever
dad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
dad32509's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cab lights are super bright! No doubt about that.

I am not trying to piss anyone off here I am just saying that LED third break light is not brighter which is why I bought it. I am going to do a review on the other lights also.
Sorry I reread my post and noticed I didnt mention it, but I was refering to the third brake light as well. My cab led's are awesome, but the difference between my third brake light led vs stock was also a huge difference.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #34
mike89 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mikey
mike89's Tacoma Gallery
If the review is on the 3rd brake light with leds. Then why are you trying to throw chris under the bus? On returning them.. I wouldn't return if I was him too. You have pictures that show they are used!!! I have worked with electronic parts and once they are installed all returns go out the door.

Also they look way better then stock bulbs... in your pics...
Old 03-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #35
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Holy hell that's expensive for LED lights! I thought about switching all my lights to LED but figure it wasn't really worth it. Looking at your before/after pictures I can see somewhat of a slight difference on your after but not significant like the ones you show of the vendors before/after.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #36
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Also policies are policies man, sucks but you read them before buying so vendor isn't really at fault here. I know you mention one not fitting, now that's something you and vendor should work out. Good luck!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #37
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
After purchasing my interior lights from Chris, I wish I would have went elsewhere. With a little bit of research I found the exact same lights he provided me for cheaper, of course when they were suppose to be plug in play.. I had to go track down some resistors (drove 30miles for 1.50$ resistors). Glad I bought my CREE reverse lights from a different source.

Also was pretty peeved over the inflated shipping charges, I paid an extra 5$ when the receipt was attached to my package of the real cost, and he didn't use any extra protection. Bulbs in a bag, that's it.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #38
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
From thread:
Before

After

I would return them but CSJUMPER2003 does not except returns so I this is my review to anyone looking interested in this product.
Hey Loaded Taco,
I'm sorry for the bad experience. We've all had them at some point on here with another member. I shipped out a bed divider to a guy in Texas from San Diego. I packed it myself... & I know how to pack because I work at FedEx. Needless to say, the bed divider was bent by the time it got to him. He trusted me enough to know (based on feedback and reputation along with the number of posts I've made over the years) that I didn't send it out that way. Although I didn't want it back, I offered it to him because it was the right thing to do. Yes, I would have to file a claim for damage through FedEx and deal with that nonsense but he said he was able to bend out the dent. Wow! Ok... so he was cool with it. Vendor or not, we all just need to give the "person" the opportunity to make a wrong situation right. If he doesn't based on what you already knew before buying, then you really can't complain. Buyer beware right? We all know LEDs are slightly brighter. The angle probably doesn't give it justice. But hear me out... the pictures above are from my truck. Yes... my truck. I took them to show others the difference. We all have opinions, but please be careful about how you state your problem. This guy Chris is not out to get you or mistreat anyone on TW. We all have respect for one another on here (at least most of us). I really do hope your problem gets resolved. In my case, I did a couple of LEDs at a time. I was testing them out as well if you will before making the plunge to get them all changed out instead of all at once. Anyways... I still love the LED 3rd brake light. I'd do it again. Remember though, I did it because of how they turn on (at the same time vs the nano second delay) and the look when applied. You can always tell the difference probably more so at night or in dusty/foggy conditions. My suggestion to you is to put take off the middle light, leave the left one as an LED and the right side as the incandescent bulb and try it during the day and night. Take a picture even and look at the image. Food for thought. Take care and good luck.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #39
Yoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to all

Air Force: Space Professional
Name: Scott
Yoshio's Tacoma Gallery
^ +1

OP, I took some night time shots and found all my lights were brighter except the turns, which were of the same "class", maybe a little dimmer. I'm sure you could make back a serious amount of your $ if you just sell your bulbs to someone looking for them. But to post all this? There's definitely a better way to do things.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #40
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Everybody has their own experiences. People can take it with a grain of salt. I've ready OP's post a few times and (except for some disappointment at the return policy) he doesn't seem to badmouth Chris. If OP would like to give his personal opinions on the quality of the light or the pricing, all the power to him. Not every review is going to smell like roses and people can offer their counterpoints. I'm not going to read this post and immediately discount the vendor either.