Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Third Break Light - LED Lights Review

Old 03-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down Third Break Light - LED Lights Review

I recently Bought LED's from CSJUMPER2003 on here this is my review on the third break light LED. There was no noticeable output difference. Seeing as how this light only comes on when actually breaking I see no added benefit to purchasing this LED product.

Would I recommend them to others? No
Would I purchase them again? No
Was I happy with the purchase? No

Results produced look nothing like what was on the thread.

From thread:
Before

After

I would return them but CSJUMPER2003 does not except returns so I this is my review to anyone looking interested in this product.

My results
Before:

After:

I will take more pictures if anyone is interested.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Was it supposed to be brighter? I thought they were just a direct replacement in which case, I don't understand why the disappointment. What am I missing?
Old 03-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Was it supposed to be brighter? I thought they were just a direct replacement in which case, I don't understand why the disappointment. What am I missing?
If you look at the pictures I posted from the original thread they are made to look substantially brighter and than the stock lights. They are not brighter at all.

I bought $255 worth of lights and I am doing reviews on them all. I tried to return some, but Chris made it clear that I couldn't return them. he was willing to let me return some for a 30% restocking fee. That seems ridiculous I got them two days ago. He told me that is against "policy." His solutions were I could modify my new lights to work or send them to him to get modified them for me to work. I didn't want a chopped up light in my new truck and I just wanted to return them. I wasn't going to even return the third break light. I am annoyed that I was misinformed when I bought my lights and want to put up reviews on the lights I bought.

They do not add any benefit to they truck so don't buy them unless you
1) like LED's
2) need a replacement.

What I bought:
2 maps White - work well
1 dome white - Flickers when coming on and off - will have video on my review for these in another post.
Parking lights Amber pair - haven't installed yet.
DTRLs Just Amber - didn't fit my truck?
Pair of Resistors - look used/worn
Third Break Light - wasn't brighter
Rear Reverse lights white 800 lumen - throw light horribly I need to do more testing on this before I write my review.
License plate lights White - Work well
Rear Turn Signals amber - haven't tested
resisters for rear turns - haven't tested

I am frustrated and he kept saying well no one else has an issues so I am making sure that it is obvious that someone has an issue.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know about the member you said you bought from but I get my Leds from superbrightleds.com. Leds aren't magical, superbright space things, in most cases they're actually dimmer than a halogen bulb. They do last longer than regular bulbs.. It kinda seems like you had high hopes for them and were a little misinformed about the product :/
Old 03-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
The dome light flickers since it has load resistors to turn on because of how the power is sent to the light it "dims" on and "dims" off
If you out the stock bulb back in you'll see what I mean.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
The dome light flickers since it has load resistors to turn on because of how the power is sent to the light it "dims" on and "dims" off
x2. I had an LED dome light and yanked it back out for that very reason. I went back to the stock incadescent because of the dimming function.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
I don't know about the member you said you bought from but I get my Leds from superbrightleds.com. Leds aren't magical, superbright space things, in most cases they're actually dimmer than a halogen bulb. They do last longer than regular bulbs.. It kinda seems like you had high hopes for them and were a little misinformed about the product :/
Yeah I think you are right about me having high expectations. Based on the information provided by the original thread they are make to look brighter and they are not. After I bought them is when I was informed that they were going to be dimmer in the daytime which sucks. Now that I know that I am even more pissed that I ordered them

Quote:
Originally Posted by EATABULLETcom View Post
every stock light in my truck has been replaced with led from csjumper and all of them work great. way brighter than stock! dont know whats going on with yours?
That is what I was trying to do with mine. My interior and Reverse lighter are way brighter. I would love to know if my DTRL will be brighter but they don't fit in the plug in my truck! I have not installed my reverse turn signals because every LED I put in is just another disappointment.

Quote:
Yeah That is what I figured. When I talked to Chris he said some flicker some don't. I guess it just frustrates me because I don't want one of the ones that does. It makes it look like it is poorly made.

I spent a decent amount of money on these lights and I am disappointed.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Chris is a friend of mine and lives 20 mins away, I have a mix of both LED's from him and some from Superbrightleds.com and they all work well.

My third brake light bulbs are from superbright and were a little brighter.

I have red interior lights all from csjumper and they are most def not a bright but I like them.

Only bulbs not LED on my truck left are my rear turn signals. Those are next but need resistors.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #10
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
All the 3rd break light does when LEDs are added is fill in those "boxes" the lights reflect in.
I have csjumpers switchback LEDs, reverse, map, parking, license plate and rear turns and they're pretty bright.
Only drawback with any led is that in daytime they aren't that bright buts that's any company lighting
Old 03-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #12
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
I wish I were at my truck to take a picture of mine. I noticed a huge difference in csjumpers led's. Way brighter imo. One of the first things I did to my truck was cab led's and love them. Nothing but good things to say about Chris
POKE POKE Muddaphuqah!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #14
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
That's f'd up OP. You obliviously aren't qualified to do a review on led lights . I have a set of Chris's 800 lumen reverse lights and couldn't be happier . They throw light great and is exactly what I wanted and what he said they were .

Butt hurt much ?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #15
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
That's f'd up OP. You obliviously aren't qualified to do a review on led lights . I have a set of Chris's 800 lumen reverse lights and couldn't be happier . They throw light great and is exactly what I wanted and what he said they were .

Butt hurt much ?
First: You are out of line with your comment.

Second: Anyone that purchases a product has the right to do a review on the product. This is my experience with them and I am entitled to my own opinion. Whether or not you disagree is your opinion.

Third: this is a review on the third break light, not the reverse lights. The reverse lights are definitely brighter, I am just not convinced it is better useable light. It seems to throw light everywhere. I back into a underground parking garage everyday that is dark and I was not impressed. I have to see them a few more times and do some testing to see if I think they are better. When I write a full review on them I will be happy to show you what I am talking about.

Fourth (if we are going to make these jokes): Relax I am not attacking your boyfriend.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #17
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Wrong, you're the one out of line . Most people should see what your true intention is here Mr. Marketing Director . Keep your pathetic reviews to yelp .
Old 03-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #18
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine from www.Vleds.com they are quite bright! For the price it might be worth buying a couple for comparison and they have a warranty.

Red Map lights - RED 3 CHIP 5 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2821 | 1 PAIR $4.99/pair

Cool White Dome - 6K WHITE 3 CHIP 8 LED DOME LIGHT BULB 212 211 212-2 214 578 $4.99/each

Auto Shifter Light (haven't installed yet) - BLUE 3 CHIP 5 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2821 | 1 PAIR $4.99/pair
Old 03-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #19
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
Chris is a friend of mine and lives 20 mins away, I have a mix of both LED's from him and some from Superbrightleds.com and they all work well.

My third brake light bulbs are from superbright and were a little brighter.

I have red interior lights all from csjumper and they are most def not a bright but I like them.

Only bulbs not LED on my truck left are my rear turn signals. Those are next but need resistors.
No doubt Chris is a nice guy I wasn't able to resolve my issues they way I would have liked. It is what it is.

Quote:
All the 3rd break light does when LEDs are added is fill in those "boxes" the lights reflect in.
I have csjumpers switchback LEDs, reverse, map, parking, license plate and rear turns and they're pretty bright.
Only drawback with any led is that in daytime they aren't that bright buts that's any company lighting
Yeah, it is the daytime part that I am bumbed about. I am not an LED expert and just a guy looking to improve his truck. I didn't know that LEDs suck during the day and prior to purchasing my LED's I asked what the drawbacks were and if they were brighter (in the LED thread). There were no drawbacks brought up and I was told they are brighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
I wish I were at my truck to take a picture of mine. I noticed a huge difference in csjumpers led's. Way brighter imo. One of the first things I did to my truck was cab led's and love them. Nothing but good things to say about Chris
Cab lights are super bright! No doubt about that.

I am not trying to piss anyone off here I am just saying that LED third break light is not brighter which is why I bought it. I am going to do a review on the other lights also.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #20
El' Capi-Tan
resq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to behold

EMS: Giles Rescue
Name: Josh
resq330's Tacoma Gallery
Chris is a great guy to deal with....I think if you would have contacted him prior to bashing his product then he would have gladly helped you out. I ordered some dome lights from him and send him a PM and told him that one wasn't working. He gave me his number and I gave him a call because he had some questions to ask me. After a couple tweaks to the bulb it ended up working and stayed working just fine. He had told me he would gladly send me a replacement if this one didn't work.