Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Any Help From The Experts?

Old 03-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Kevinztaco has a spectacular aura aboutKevinztaco has a spectacular aura about
Kevinztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Any Help From The Experts?

Those who may have installed this sway bar on their taco.

I bought this rear Hellwig sway bar and the installation instruction that came with it is less than adequate (for someone like me ). There are several small parts that came with the sway bar but the intallation instruction does not look like it is vehicle specific. It fails to identify which part attaches to which ends of the sway bar/truck. I'm clueless as to which is the Jam nut, Hex nut, and which is the Lock nut as they were all packed together in a small plastic bag. Any attempt to help will be appreciated. Otherwise, I'll just have to email Hellwig for more instruction. Thanks a lot.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
First thing to do would be to tell us what you are driving.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
First thing to do would be to tell us what you are driving.
I drive a 2013 Tacoma, Sport, DC, SB, V6 4x4.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Rear sway bar?
Yap! I just want to give it a try and see if it would reduce the body rolls at tighter turns.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
First link on Google. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ay-bars-2.html About 2/3 of the way down there's an install file for the Tacoma, not sure if it's the same one you have. If that fails there are plenty of people in that thread that can probably give you details on how they did it.

And an install thread also linked in that thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...sway-bars.html