Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

BEWARE ROCKY ROAD OUTFITTERS!!!

Old 03-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Angry BEWARE ROCKY ROAD OUTFITTERS!!!

I know, I know. They have a crap reputation already but I didnt want to drop 5-600 on a new high steer kit. Here is what I just posted online on thier facebook page.

These guys have a shoddy product, customer service is a total joke, their warranty suck sweaty goat balls, and you can expect to get the run around from them at every opportunity.
Bolt on parts, HARDLY. My replacement parts would not fit so they told me I was supposed to drill out their part to make it fit yet their warranty says not covered if the parts are modified. Here is an actual quote from the product site.

"Changing the steering knuckle requires high dollar tools and/or professional installation, often requires additional cutting and welding, and is anything but a simple bolton operation. The Rocky Road OTT steering system can be installed by anyone... ANYONE! All bolton... not partially bolton like other kits that claim they are full bolton. This is THE TRUE bolton kit on this planet for a full high steer system on your Jeep."

I dont know, call me crazy but having to CUT your original parts to fit the exact spot I had one of your previous items does not mean BOLT ON. Let me clarify, this is not me saying I need to cut, its YOUR tech service people who told me this.

So to make a long story short, I am done dealing with your bullshit, I will charging back the cost of your replacement parts on my credit card when I call my bank shortly, and I will be replacing your garbage system with something that actually works and holds up, CURRIE!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
hotrod45 is on a distinguished road
Army: medic 5501 hospital
Name: paul
hotrod45's Tacoma Gallery
Smile rocky road

are they still in business?
Old 03-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
Nah Bitch Dragoons
JeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
JeepAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Currie is awesome! I have a full Currie steering system (rod ends, heavy duty tie rod and drag-link) on the Cherokee, and I'm nothing but happy with it! The tie rod and drag link are huge, comparable in size to the stock steering on the Ford F550s worktrucks we have at work. I will be purchasing a system for the YJ here pretty quick also.

Oh, and I figured that you dealt out an ass chewing to them so I checked the RRO facebook page and couldn't find a post for you, those a-holes must have deleted it..