Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Blue Sea 5026 fuse block Phase 1 mounting

Old 02-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #2
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up some sheet alum, placed the fuse block on it and drew the outline. I added 1/8" on the sides and a inch and half on the end (bend part).
I then traced the block holes and drilled out. I then check the bolt holes on the truck, marked and drilled them out. I oplong the one mount hole.

I did a test fit and check for level in the bend. If you go this route be prepared to install and remove the bolts alot. I went for the best fit possible, plus I want to make sure it looked good.

Here is a test fit with the block installed.

I went ahead and decide to give it some extra support. I used 1" alum stock and bent to fit. It made the who assembly rock solid, plus added a guide area to run wires up. Had to drill one hole in the fender well, no biggie, and an easy fix.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Awsome work, Thats how I am goin to mount mine, Thanks
Old 02-14-2009, 06:47 PM   #6
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Great job LB -- can't wait to see how ya wired it...
Old 02-25-2009, 06:49 AM   #7
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Update Inline fuse

I decided with this set up I needed to run an inline fuse. I looked all over the place here to find one over 40 amp's. I got in touch with silverback and he pointed me in the right direction.
The fuse block itself will take up to 125 amp, overkill in my book also. So I wanted to run a 60 amp. I went with a Blue Sea inline fuse block with a 60 amp maxi fuse.
Now I needed a place to mount it, it's not small. But I wanted to keep it close to keep the wire running down. Again silverback helped me out with a location.
Now I needed to fab the bracket, with all the hole drilled I also added a grommet, so no wire to metal contact.

Here is the inline fuse (covered) and mounted on the bracket.

Here is the location I mounted the inline fuse. All hardware is S.S. the the bracket is alum. stock. The wires will be completely hidded, there is nothing that looks worse than wires running free. My goal was it to look "as purchased new" but then I can wear a grin on my face.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:55 AM   #8

longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Now comes the fun part, running wire. I went with 10 gauge and added eye loops on the end to match the fuse block and in-line fuse.
I am not going to show all wires, way to many, but you will get the idea. beside with the new bumper coming, my wire routing has change a little.

here you see the open in-line fuse, with 60 amp fuse and one wire run, the other open area will go to the battery. The wires are covered for that factory look.

This is all that you will see when you open the hood, I will update other wire running when it's complete.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
EricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
EricGagne's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job Longbow. I'm going to borrow your idea as a starting point to design a bracket for my BluSea fuse block.

I want mine to hold the fuse block and my dual battery solenoid but I think all I need to do is add a side panel because the solenoid has to be mounted vertically.