Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Anyone have trouble with Autoanything?

Old 03-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have trouble with Autoanything?

I ordered a brake controller on 3/19/13. I called Monday 25th when they showed it delivered. The rep said it didn't ship with the trailer hitch as the shipment said it did, and they'd email. Friday still no response.

Not sure if I just got E-conned.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
I have bought allot of stuff through them never had any problems and they were fast shipping and good priced.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Same, I've bought several things for a couple different vehicles, never a problem
Old 03-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sounds like I just need to be more patient n let them sort it out some more. 3 out of the 4 parts made it at least.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #5
AutoAnything is on a distinguished road
Name: AJ
AutoAnything's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Tacoyota,
My name is AJ and I am an employee at AutoAnything, can you please PM me your order number or First and Last name and I will see what I can do? Sorry to hear about your issue, I'll dive into the problem a little bit more and see if I can get some more answers.
AJ
Old 04-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
Autoanything is awesome.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #7
senile member

It got sorted out today, its back ordered. I usually avoid a high selling item, but the vendor is swamped. Thanks for the concern AJ, it wasn't at A/A's end.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:56 AM   #8
Gotcha, well if you have any question or concerns please do not hesitate to call and you can ask for me by name or continue working with the Agent who has been helping you. Enjoy the great weather you guys are getting in Portland!
AJ
Old 04-02-2013, 06:58 AM   #9
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Round II's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz834 View Post
I have bought allot of stuff through them never had any problems and they were fast shipping and good priced.
X2 but it has been a while since I ordered anything from them.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #10
MudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
MudFlap's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, the level of service I seen here makes me want to just go buy ANYTHING from this company. You don't see this level of give a damn with companies anymore. Kudos to autoanything.com!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #11
car78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to behold

car78412's Tacoma Gallery
Their Pricing is not great. They just have alot of smoke and mirror discounts. The free shipping is always factored in with their prices so shipping is not free. I always seem to find items the same or slighly cheaper at other sites. Not a fan.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #12
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Their order cancellation and return policy is borderline illegal.

I will never buy from them again.

Luckily I paid via my credit card so they fought the battle for me when I claimed fraud.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #13
senile member

So on an update, the vendor called (perhaps on A/A's request) this morning seeing if I wanted to cancel the order or receive it for around the 12th. I'm ok with waiting since it was only a stock ran out thing, and I ordered it ahead of time.
Overall. I'd have to say they are doing what they can & it's on backorder.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #14
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Noooo problems and the free shipping is always nice!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by car78412 View Post
Their Pricing is not great. They just have alot of smoke and mirror discounts. The free shipping is always factored in with their prices so shipping is not free. I always seem to find items the same or slighly cheaper at other sites. Not a fan.
If you do find items for cheaper please let us know we will price match before you purchase and a year after the purchase date making sure you get the best deal with us. Also if there is something you are looking at please shoot me a PM and I can see what I can do for you as well.
AJ
Old 04-03-2013, 08:05 AM   #16
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by car78412 View Post
Lol.. free shipping, always have discounts, and all you have to do is ask and they will usually give you a better deal.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:43 AM   #17
car78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAnything View Post
If you do find items for cheaper please let us know we will price match before you purchase and a year after the purchase date making sure you get the best deal with us. Also if there is something you are looking at please shoot me a PM and I can see what I can do for you as well.
AJ
I constantly receive promotional emails from your site promoting an extra 10 or 15 percent off. When I enter in the promotion code to order it replys that the discount is already applied. I go to another site and the price is cheaper but when you add the shipping its the same price as yours with the so called discount.
To be specific, I just ordered vent visors from Weathertech. Their price was $59.95 plus $15.00 shipping for a total of $74.95. I go to your site and the exact same vent visors was $74.95 with free shipping. So where is your discount? Again, smoke and mirrors.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #18
So on all of those emails there will be a link to a restrictions list where we list out the manufactures who do not qualify for the discount. These restrictions are set by the manufacture themselves and do not allow us to sell their products below a certain price, we call it MAP (Manufactures Advertised Pricing). Weathertech for example is the king of MAP, like Apple products anywhere you go you will notice Weathertech products being sold for the same price, they control what the retailers could sell their products for (shipping included); we include the shipping in the price while others add it on after. Again we do have the 1 year price match guarantee though on ALL products; so in case a manufacture like weathertech decides to lower their price or allows us to run a sale on the item and you purchased within the last year you can get a credit back for the difference. I understand though were you are coming from and apologize if it comes off as a bait and switch technique. I would suggest however if you do enter a promo code and it doesn't work to give us a call and 9 times out of 10 we can still offer you something.
AJ
Old 04-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #19
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like they are right on top of things here, that's for sure. I have ordered from them several times, always no problems.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAnything View Post
So on all of those emails there will be a link to a restrictions list where we list out the manufactures who do not qualify for the discount. These restrictions are set by the manufacture themselves and do not allow us to sell their products below a certain price, we call it MAP (Manufactures Advertised Pricing). Weathertech for example is the king of MAP, like Apple products anywhere you go you will notice Weathertech products being sold for the same price, they control what the retailers could sell their products for (shipping included); we include the shipping in the price while others add it on after. Again we do have the 1 year price match guarantee though on ALL products; so in case a manufacture like weathertech decides to lower their price or allows us to run a sale on the item and you purchased within the last year you can get a credit back for the difference. I understand though were you are coming from and apologize if it comes off as a bait and switch technique. I would suggest however if you do enter a promo code and it doesn't work to give us a call and 9 times out of 10 we can still offer you something.
AJ
I am sure customer service is excellent with your company. I cannot dispute it since I have no experience with buying anything from Autoanything. Many people on this forum like dealing with you.
However, no one is going to read the fine print behind the banners blazing big discounts in your ads and no one is going to look for a lower price on an item a year after they buy it unles you notify them and give them a refund. I doubt very much that you will do this. And I am not going to call you to negotiate a price. The only thing that I find distasteful is your marketing techniques. I realize that there are many businesses that use these techniques. I choose not to patronize them. I appreciate your explanations and I understand your position. Please understand mine.