Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

LED FOGS, Cree Bulbs, and HD Dash DVR: Review

Old 03-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #1
goonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant future

goonieman's Tacoma Gallery
LED FOGS, Cree Bulbs, and HD Dash DVR: Review

So I got a couple of things ordered for my truck. Cree headlight bulbs, LED Fogs, and an HD Dash DVR cam.

Here are the links where I got them. As they come in, I'll review them to help my fellow TW brothers out.

Cree Headlight Bulbs
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/223278858.html

LED Fog
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/223483030.html

More LED Fog
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/223706320.html

HD DVR Dash Cam
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/225128804.html

2 x 3157 SRCK LED Switchback DRL's (4/2/13)
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-x-3...584788984.html
Old 04-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #2
goonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant future

So I got my Cree LED Spot lights in. Shipping was fairly quick from China. Little over a week. My first impression, these things are beefy. Got alot of weight, since the whole housing is Aluminum. Surprised how big they are. I opted for the spot lens, and not the flood lens, see the insides better this way. Was thinking of opening them up and spraying the lens with a black chrome, to continue the black theme of the truck. We'll see. Iphone next to the LED light for size comparison.

Just got in my H4 Cree Headlight bulbs as well.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #4
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to see the output of the LED headlight bulbs.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
I'd like to see the output of the LED headlight bulbs.
X2
Old 04-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #6

Well tried the Cree headlight bulbs. They are not that bright. If anything, I may have lost some output. Pictures make them look brighter then they really are.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonieman View Post
Well tried the Cree headlight bulbs. They are not that bright. If anything, I may have lost some output. Pictures make them look brighter then they really are.

Still post em. Please
Old 04-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #8

Here are the daytime pics--sorry crappy cellphone pics. I'll try and get some night pics tonight.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #10
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaQuest View Post
Are they even turned on?
They're those new "invisible lights"...straight outta China.

Edit: Holy crap...I think they actually are turned on...
Old 04-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #11
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
I'm too focused on those headlights in ntilehmans sig above the pics but I do believe they are on.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #12

oh they are on. I don't think these will be blinding anyone anytime soon. I'll get better pics tonight against the garage door.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #13
Resident Lurker
JEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JEP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaQuest View Post
Interested in the DVR and how it turns out.
This^
Old 04-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #14

I knew I should have gotten these instead....! Oh well, I'll run with my fogs on till I figure out if I should go back to HID's or not.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #15
Resident Lurker
JEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JEP's Tacoma Gallery
What are those?^ link?
Old 04-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #16
Yea it doesn't seem like they are on at all. That sucks.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #17
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Drop in LED bulbs are worthless for head and fog lights.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Drop in LED bulbs are worthless for head and fog lights.
That's what I have always read and heard too. I wanted to see what they looked like. If all you want to do is color match your fogs they would be good for that.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #19
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
That's what I have always read and heard too. I wanted to see what they looked like. If all you want to do is color match your fogs they would be good for that.
Yep. I tried a set in my fogs for shits and giggles. I took them out the next day. Nice color but it was amazing how much light output was lost over stock bulbs. They really provided no function when on at night as far as visibility for the driver. I couldn't shine trying to drive with them in the headlights.