Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Coverking Neosupreme (garbage) w/ pics

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #22
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
I understand Wet Ukalales are loved on this site, but just like everything else, they have their issues. Some basic goog'ling will find just about as many satisfied/unsatisfied customers on both products both sides. I don't want to start an argument about the products. My issue is with the set of seat covers I got and the neosupreme material.

When doing anything requiring money you have to take a lot of things into consideration. You can buy $25 seat covers off the shelf at the auto part store or you can buy $1k seat covers. I've had a set from Auto Zone last me 2 years with minimal wear. I wouldn't say opting to save $150 on a product that should still fit my needs is "scimping." For the most part I agree that you should buy the best, but a lot of times we don't need the best and the money saved is better spent elsewhere. Especially if the "best" is purely based on opinion.
There Wet Ukeleles knot Wet Ukalales
Old 04-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #23
wyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: BLM/FS
wyotaco06's Tacoma Gallery
My coverkings have been on my truck for the last 36K miles and three years....not one issue so far.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #25
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyotaco06 View Post
My coverkings have been on my truck for the last 36K miles and three years....not one issue so far.
That makes me feel better, they get great reviews all over the place. Do you remember which ones you have? CR Neoprene? Neosupreme? Cloth?
Old 04-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #26
Spindleshanks is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeremy
Spindleshanks's Tacoma Gallery
Viper's right, definitely buy the Wet Okoles...not ukuleles I've had em 4 years (granted only 15k miles), but a lot of it was hop-in/hop-out on the trail. The driver seat started abrading where it faces the door, so I sent a pic to Wet Okole, they sent a new seat cover, free of charge. There was no fading, so the new piece matches the old ones perfectly (unlike my neoprene Warn cover that faded white & turned to dust in the colorado sun) They also sent me a stern letter reminding me there is nothing wrong with their seat cover, that they sent me a new one cause they were being nice. Whatever
Old 04-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #27
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought it was Ukalaylee,
I used Vet Ukrainian Ukalaylees.... that was where I went wrong
should have went with Authentic Mayan Wet Ukalaylies.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #28
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindleshanks View Post
Viper's right, definitely buy the Wet Okoles...not ukuleles I've had em 4 years (granted only 15k miles), but a lot of it was hop-in/hop-out on the trail. The driver seat started abrading where it faces the door, so I sent a pic to Wet Okole, they sent a new seat cover, free of charge. There was no fading, so the new piece matches the old ones perfectly (unlike my neoprene Warn cover that faded white & turned to dust in the colorado sun) They also sent me a stern letter reminding me there is nothing wrong with their seat cover, that they sent me a new one cause they were being nice. Whatever
So the product failed but Wet Uckalailees stepped in and offered to replace the part for free.

This is exactly what Coverking offered me, a free replacement for any piece that I was not happy with. But it didn't come with a stern letter.

The more I read about Wet Ukalaylays failing the better the Coverkings at >$50 savings look.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #29
Recklessly tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
I used Vet Ukrainian Ukalaylees.... that was where I went wrong
should have went with Authentic Mayan Wet Ukalaylies.
Yours had animal fur mixed in eh?
Old 04-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #30
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yours had animal fur mixed in eh?
no, no, nein

Vet... Vet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeekblLkx4g

(I have no idea what I am doing anymore, I have gone off the smartass tracks... into the smartass field and I heading for a smartass cliff)
Old 04-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #32

Quote:
So the product failed but Wet Uckalailees stepped in and offered to replace the part for free.

This is exactly what Coverking offered me, a free replacement for any piece that I was not happy with. But it didn't come with a stern letter.

The more I read about Wet Ukalaylays failing the better the Coverkings at >$50 savings look.
Hahahaha, here's how I see it: they shipped youa shoddy product that you've never been happy with, and now it's uncertain whether the manufacturer will stand behind their product, but it'll cost you money and time to find out.

Whereas, I bought a premium product that looks and functions like new after years of trouble-free use, while my cosmetic issue was replaced free of charge, without question, well outside the warranty period. I probably deserved the stern letter, because i suggested I would tell all the TTORA peeps if they didn't help me out

Seriously, my Wet Okoles are as tight and sharp-looking as new. The seat cushioning in them is so buoyant that I get compliments on it, I shit you not. Chicks' panties fall right off when they see my seat covers

Dude, you're gonna have to spend $50 to send your stuff back to the mfr anyway, right? Those pics you posted suggest shoddy craftsmanship and faulty engineering. I think it's unacceptable, and you should get a refund from Coverking. Or, like, a free keychain, or a coupon for Arby's or something

I hope it works out, brutha
Old 04-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #33
wyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: BLM/FS
wyotaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That makes me feel better, they get great reviews all over the place. Do you remember which ones you have? CR Neoprene? Neosupreme? Cloth?
They are just the Neoprene ones I think. I paid around 180 for them I believe and really like the product.

I clean them about every six months with wetsuit shampoo, while still on the seats. Takes about 20minutes total. Still look brand new after 3 years and I hunt, fish, bike, and live out of the truck a lot.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #34
Recklessly tired

New Neoprene seat covers came in today and I installed them tonight. They fit better, easier to install than the Neosupreme. The thickness is the same but you can definitely feel the quality difference of the Neoprene vs. the Neosupreme.

As far as looks go, they look the same. The neoprene does look much better put together tho. We'll see.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #37

So "neosupreme" is not actually neoprene? That's either really good marketing by Coverking, or really deceptive hahaha... Well, glad the new ones fit better already. Enjoy!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #38
Recklessly tired

Quote:
So "neosupreme" is not actually neoprene? That's either really good marketing by Coverking, or really deceptive hahaha... Well, glad the new ones fit better already. Enjoy!
Neosupreme is a term used by several seat cover companies, some do call it something other than Neosupreme. But no, it is not Neoprene. That's not the issue here tho, they do a great job of letting you know you are not buying true CR grade Neoprene.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #40
Hotrodroxie is on a distinguished road
Hotrodroxie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hotrodroxie
Quote:
I shit you not. Chicks' panties fall right off when they see my seat covers
it's unacceptable, and you should get a refund from Coverking. Or, like, a free keychain, or a coupon for Arby's or something a
lmao

Products Discussed in this Thread