Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Rigid Industry Dually & SR-Series

Old 04-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Rigid Industry Dually & SR-Series

So I bought a Pair of Rigid Industry Duallys and a 20" SR-Series. I made some videos to show the how they work. The videos are kind of boring, but if you are interested in buying them then I think they help show how well they work.

I am really happy with them and they are really bright. I hooked up the Duallys to my fog light wiring.

The 20" is wired to a switch next to my ATRAC Switch.
Link to Switches

Here is where the relay for the 20" Is installed. The wires run into the cab next to all those other wires.

If you guys have a youtube account please subscribe and post a link to your channel and I will subscribe as well.

Dually Video - White Floods
http://youtu.be/7cQA_fVlrPw

SR-Series 20" Video - White Flood Spot Combination
http://youtu.be/4uua3WM8dY4

What do you guys think?
Old 04-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
City Slicker
ZeroX is on a distinguished road

Name: Anthony
ZeroX's Tacoma Gallery
was it a pain to wire the duallys to the factory fog switch? I plan on running them off the factory button as well. any good tips on install? was it difficult? and do you think there to bright for on road use? thanks man! and nice vids!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thank You!

I didn't personally do the install. However I do know that the guy that wired them wired them to the fog light wires that were already there. So it goies light - wire that comes out of light - male end of clip - female end - wired directly to factory wires. Because they don't draw hardly anything all of the factory wiring and all that is all good. I think for someone that knows their way around some wires could do it really easy. Plus then you don't have to run any wires into the cab.

They are really bright but I run with them on all the time. I have had 1 person flash their brights at me. My favorite part about the lights is how much they light up every street sign. It is like the signs are back lit.

If you want the anytime fog light feature check out this thread. It is the easiest and most simple way to safely wire them up. 2011 and earlier are different from 2012 but both versions are in that thread.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...high-beam.html
Old 04-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #4
City Slicker

ZeroX's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks a lot man. Your truck is sweet btw.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroX View Post
Thanks a lot man. Your truck is sweet btw.
No problem! Thank you
Old 04-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Nice install I just put a pair of Duallys on my factory fog switch too!

Quote:
was it a pain to wire the duallys to the factory fog switch? I plan on running them off the factory button as well. any good tips on install? was it difficult? and do you think there to bright for on road use? thanks man! and nice vids!
very simple to do, like mentioned above it's just connecting the leads from the Dually to the existing fog light harness (requires cutting off the OEM plug, or splicing behind it)
Old 05-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
City Slicker

ZeroX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
Nice install I just put a pair of Duallys on my factory fog switch too!

very simple to do, like mentioned above it's just connecting the leads from the Dually to the existing fog light harness (requires cutting off the OEM plug, or splicing behind it)
Thanks!my duallies just came in, just waiting on my bumper and winch.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #8
chicka chicka, yeah!
mclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant future

Air Force: 4A271
Name: Jake
mclovin's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for posting this, ive got a set of duallys on my back bumper and they are great rear facing lights! i have another set that im going to put on my front bumper, whenever its done (relentless). question, have you thought about doing the amber snap on shield or any of the other shields that RI makes for them? kind of curious if it degrades the out put any?
Old 05-14-2013, 04:57 AM   #9
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Thanks!my duallies just came in, just waiting on my bumper and winch.
Sweet post up some pictures when you get it all installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclovin View Post
thanks for posting this, ive got a set of duallys on my back bumper and they are great rear facing lights! i have another set that im going to put on my front bumper, whenever its done (relentless). question, have you thought about doing the amber snap on shield or any of the other shields that RI makes for them? kind of curious if it degrades the out put any?
No problem! I am not really a fan of amber lights. I am not sure if it would degrade it. Probably a little, but I am sure they would still be really bright.

Without any cover the dually's already push it when it comes to driving on the street. Amber covers might be a good way to take them down a little.