Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

EBC stage 5 brake kit

Old 04-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
EBC stage 5 brake kit

Just placed order with 4wp..........ill review when they are installed.

Btw, let's not forget.....Marco is at the chula vista shop, and the customer service he offered at DSM that we have come to appreciate hasn't changed. Great guy, and always does what he can to help with any questions.

Thank you Marco!
Old 05-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, I think I've had em installed for a week.

No pulsing (some slotted rotors have this issue).

They seem to dust more than my hawk lts, but its easily avoided if u get a diff pad.....the description of the product said they dust heavily, but these rlly don't seem bad to me yet.

No squeaks or rattling around of the pads......minimal buffeting noise (also a key element to slotted rotors), also in product description.

No emergency braking tests yet.......as with past performance brake setups I have had, optimum braking will not be seen for probably 500 miles. That's not to say that these are terrible in the meantime...they work fine, I just haven't pushed them too hard yet.

Proper bedding procedures are included.

Ill update in a few more weeks after harder braking.

The initial bite is comparable to my hawks which were well broken in/bedded.....these ebc's are only going to get better I imagine.

Nevere ran slots or anything ebc on a vehicle before.....I've always ran brembo blanks and either hawk pads, or axxis metal masters.

I will say that the finish on these is black, not the zinc color......while the braking surface will be scrubbed to bare metal within seconds of braking (normal), the hat remains coated for corrosion protection.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the review Brock
Old 05-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #6

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
Thanks for the review Brock
Stay tuned brother.......not much of a review imho.....they need more abuse and then I can feel safe giving a better review.

Power is nothing without control after all
Old 05-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #7
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #9

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
cool .....waiting for hard braking results next...thanx for keeping us updated
u got it.............Id want the same
Old 08-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #10
Just call me Daddy
TacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoDaddy's Tacoma Gallery
I just got this kit today. How's it holding up?
Old 08-05-2014, 03:17 PM   #11

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDaddy View Post
I just got this kit today. How's it holding up?
zero complaints

quiet, no shudder, stops great!