Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

American Tonneau Review

Old 05-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
American Tonneau Review

Ok so after a month of searching, asking folks on here, and flip flopping between a hard or soft tri-fold tonneau, I finally went with the American Tonneau soft tri-fold. What drew me to it was price, made in US and A, and reviews. I also liked the utility track system it came with. I took some pics, can't promise they all are helpful but it is the best I could do.

Installing the track system was a PITA. It took a lot of minor adjusting to find the right spot for the clamps. However, I highly recommend this package for anyone. It makes the tonneau secure better to the truck bed and easier. I did use the washer mod to help ease the time and distance to tighten the rear clamps.

Once the utility track system was installed it was just a matter of clamping it down and going. What I LOVE about the American Tonneau is the strips of rubber tubing on the front and rear of the tonneau. It seals the gaps, especially near the cab so so well.

Overall, I would recommend this if you are looking for a cheap yet well-made tonneau!

Old 06-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
TacoSteve612 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
TacoSteve612's Tacoma Gallery
i just want to say thank u for posting this little review and with pics! i have been tossing up the idea of getting a tonneau cover and after this weekends trip to our cabin in WVA, i am finally deciding to buy one. wasnt sure which tri-fold to get but u definitely sold me on this one