1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kinivo Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Snake~, May 7, 2013.

1. May 7, 2013 at 7:10 AM
    Snake~

Snake~ [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB TRD Sport
    Autolumination Yellow fog light bulbs, Dynomax Ultra Flo muffler, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, tailgate security mods, TRD skid plate, DeeZee bed mat, Armor Lid tonneau, OEM roof rack, TRD center caps, Satoshi grille, Sockmonkey tailgate decal
    I had to throw this out there in case anyone else is interested. I recently bought a Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth for my truck. I haven't had much luck with aftermarket bluetooth devices but I gotta say this thing is great. It's very bare bones - no bells and whistles - but what it does, it does well. It attaches to the dash with double-sided tape. Those of you that don't have 4WD have a perfect spot to place it (see my pic). It plugs into the aux input and the 12V power socket. It doesn't have a battery so you don't have to remember to turn it off or charge the battery. It paired in about 2 seconds and once it does your music and phone calls come through the stereo. The sound quality is excellent. It has a small mic on the side and the outgoing sound quality must be decent because my wife hasn't complained! The only buttons are a multi-function button and forward and reverse buttons for music streaming but I've found it easier to control music on the phone. I am really diggin this thing so far. It's well worth the $45 IMO.

KinivoBTC450.jpg

2. May 12, 2013 at 7:18 AM
    Biscuits

Biscuits Thorny Crown of Entropy

Member:
    Swiggity swangin' biggity bangin'
    I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the review!

3. Jun 16, 2013 at 2:12 PM
    Rotorheader

Rotorheader Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner 4-cyl
    I just ordered this from Amazon, where there was a coupon for $15.00 off. In the mail to me for $30.00

Thanks for the review

4. Jul 15, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    dpersons89

dpersons89 Member

Member:
    Leonard Wood
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 Supercharged
    2009 Toyota Tacoma 4x4....4.0L Supercharged w/ 455cc Injectors (pushing 305HP). Full Factory TRD Off-Road Options. WITH all this added as well---> 6" Pro Comp Lift...Pro-Comp Rear traction bars. Like new 295/70R18 Trail Grappler tires on 18" XD rims. Brand-new PowerStop drilled/slotted brakes. Navigator off-road lights mounted on a ARB Bumper/brush guard with 10,000lb MileMarker winch mounted inside. NFab Sidesteps. Dual Flowmaster 40 exhaust. Viper security system w/ remote start and LoJack. Custom CamoClad accessories. Back-up Camera. XM Satellite Radio w/MP3. Spyder Custom tailights. Matching seat covers/ camo interior.
    you think it would work with a dual aux port? to plug in and run a IPOD as well?? also, does it have buttons to hang up, dial, etc?

5. Jul 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM
    Rotorheader

Rotorheader Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner 4-cyl
    It has no buttons. Just connects with Bluetooth and hangs up automatically

6. Jul 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM
    Kailey Jo

Kailey Jo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Liam
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab TRD
    Just ordered mine, I do have 4WD so I'm going to try mounting it here:
    [​IMG]

I'll let you know how it turns out in a couple weeks!

7. Jul 26, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    dpersons89

dpersons89 Member

Member:
    Leonard Wood
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 Supercharged
    2009 Toyota Tacoma 4x4....4.0L Supercharged w/ 455cc Injectors (pushing 305HP). Full Factory TRD Off-Road Options. WITH all this added as well---> 6" Pro Comp Lift...Pro-Comp Rear traction bars. Like new 295/70R18 Trail Grappler tires on 18" XD rims. Brand-new PowerStop drilled/slotted brakes. Navigator off-road lights mounted on a ARB Bumper/brush guard with 10,000lb MileMarker winch mounted inside. NFab Sidesteps. Dual Flowmaster 40 exhaust. Viper security system w/ remote start and LoJack. Custom CamoClad accessories. Back-up Camera. XM Satellite Radio w/MP3. Spyder Custom tailights. Matching seat covers/ camo interior.
    i got one..and it works awesome. i put mine directly below the temp dial...above the aux port. easy access and the cords are hardly noticeable....

8. Aug 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    Kailey Jo

Kailey Jo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Liam
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab TRD
    Came in the mail and I installed almost instantly.

Connects with the phone calls well enough (reset my Samsung driving mode responce to "By your command")

I figure it will work great for music as well once I can get past whatever ID10T error is causing it to not want to play music through the bluetooth.

Products Discussed in

To Top