Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Kinivo Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #1
Big Member
Snake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Snake~'s Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Kinivo Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit

I had to throw this out there in case anyone else is interested. I recently bought a Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth for my truck. I haven't had much luck with aftermarket bluetooth devices but I gotta say this thing is great. It's very bare bones - no bells and whistles - but what it does, it does well. It attaches to the dash with double-sided tape. Those of you that don't have 4WD have a perfect spot to place it (see my pic). It plugs into the aux input and the 12V power socket. It doesn't have a battery so you don't have to remember to turn it off or charge the battery. It paired in about 2 seconds and once it does your music and phone calls come through the stereo. The sound quality is excellent. It has a small mic on the side and the outgoing sound quality must be decent because my wife hasn't complained! The only buttons are a multi-function button and forward and reverse buttons for music streaming but I've found it easier to control music on the phone. I am really diggin this thing so far. It's well worth the $45 IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Kinivo Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit-kinivobtc450.jpg  
Old 05-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the review!
Old 06-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
Rotorheader is on a distinguished road
Army: Helicopter Pilot
Name: Don
Rotorheader's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered this from Amazon, where there was a coupon for $15.00 off. In the mail to me for $30.00

Thanks for the review
Old 07-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
Rotorheader is on a distinguished road
Army: Helicopter Pilot
Name: Don
Rotorheader's Tacoma Gallery
It has no buttons. Just connects with Bluetooth and hangs up automatically
Old 07-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
Kailey Jo will become famous soon enoughKailey Jo will become famous soon enough

Name: Liam
Kailey Jo's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered mine, I do have 4WD so I'm going to try mounting it here:

I'll let you know how it turns out in a couple weeks!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #8
Kailey Jo will become famous soon enoughKailey Jo will become famous soon enough

Name: Liam
Kailey Jo's Tacoma Gallery
Came in the mail and I installed almost instantly.

Connects with the phone calls well enough (reset my Samsung driving mode responce to "By your command")

I figure it will work great for music as well once I can get past whatever ID10T error is causing it to not want to play music through the bluetooth.

Products Discussed in this Thread